TITLE: Agribusiness/ Cooperative Development Consultant
TERM: Part-time, 30 hours a week.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
START DATE/ TIME: 01 February 2017
DURATION: 2 years, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Agribusiness/ Cooperative Development Consultant who will support the target beneficiary Agricultural Cooperatives in establishing sustainably functioning and profitable agribusinesses. The incumbent will be employed by Shen NGO Project "Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia" funded by the EU. The job requires frequent travels to marzes of Armenia for project implementation.
- Study the targeted cooperatives to understand and analyze their needs and development perspectives;
- Map and analyze the target value chains of raw and processed agricultural products of cooperatives;
- Facilitate the registration process of 3 cooperatives;
- Responsible for the provision of assistance and expertise to cooperatives to improve competitiveness of agriculture-related industries and value chains;
- Prepare a training program on "Management and Administration of Cooperatives" and conduct trainings for the board members and presidents of the beneficiary cooperatives to build capacities for them;
- Prepare a training program and deliver trainings on general principles of cooperatives, governance of cooperatives, legal issues according to the Armenian legislation on cooperatives, international best practices in cooperation, etc.;
- Provide support to management of cooperatives in preparation and implementation of strategic development programs, business plans and the value chains business models of cooperatives;
- Conduct field visits to monitor the compliance of the set goal in forming and developing self-sustained and viable community based cooperatives;
- Work closely with the Marketing Consultant of the Project to provide assistance and expertise to cooperatives to improve the domestic, regional and/ or international trade of agricultural products of cooperatives;
- Facilitate and establish linkages between the cooperatives and financial institutions;
- Write analytical reports with recommendations for the project management;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in rural development, private sector agribusiness or cooperative business development related work;
- Proven ability to develop strategic development programs and business plans is a plus;
- Proven ability to conduct value chain analysis, policy analysis on agribusiness and cooperatives sector;
- Experience in developing and supporting cooperatives in rural areas is a plus;
- Sound understanding of the sustainable livelihoods development approaches;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Flexible thinker with strong time management skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language; working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com , stating the position title in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 10 January 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 January 2017
ABOUT COMPANY: Since its establishment in 1988, Shen Non-Governmental Organization has been involved in development of over 350 rural communities of Armenia. More information on Shen NGO can be obtained at: www.shen.am.
ABOUT: Shen NGO, in partnership with village communities of Geghamasar, Areguni and Pambak of Gegharkunik marz and pasture users' union consumer cooperatives of Shaghat, Angeghakot and Shaki communities of Syunik marz are carrying out the Project "Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia". The Project aims to contribute to the local economic growth in targeted rural areas by creating sustainable jobs and increasing regional competitiveness in the two clusters of communities.
This announcement has been retrieved 815 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.