TITLE: Biogas Production Expert
TERM: Part-time, 30 hours a week.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
START DATE/ TIME: 01 February 2017
DURATION: 2 years, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for a Biogas Production Expert who will train the target beneficiary cooperative members and its responsible employees on exploitation of biogas plants for the production of biogas from biodegradable raw material. The incumbent will be employed by Shen NGO Project "Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia" funded by the EU.
- Provide professional assistance in preparation of technical specifications and designing the biogas plants;
- Prepare a training program and conduct theoretical and practical training courses on the following aspects:
a) Engaging in the process of production and activating the biogas plants;
b) Operating the biogas plant (production processes, working indoor and outdoor equipment, supply of raw material, the production capacity and quality);
c) Ensuring the stability in production process;
d) Regular maintaining and repairing the equipment;
e) Arranging safety rules: mechanisms of recognition and control of dangerous situations and environmental damages whilst operating the plant;
f) Utilization of produced heat and by-products (organic fertilizer) for productive use (greenhouse and drying units);
- Control, assess and analyze the operation of biogas plants in conformity with regulation indicators (e.g. temperature, pressure, gas content, intensity of current and tension);
- Analyze data; detect disturbances/ abnormalities, defects and irregularities;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in Construction, Chemistry, Power- and Heat Energetics and Logistics or a related field;
- Work experience in gas production, including biogas, bio fuel production and fields of usage of most used bio fuels;
- Proven knowledge in safety requirements for usage of working equipment of biogas plant;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language; working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com , stating the position title in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 10 January 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 January 2017
ABOUT COMPANY: Since its establishment in 1988, Shen Non-Governmental Organization has been involved in the development of over 350 rural communities of Armenia. More information on Shen NGO can be obtained at: www.shen.am.
ABOUT: Shen NGO, in partnership with village communities of Geghamasar, Areguni and Pambak of Gegharkunik marz and pasture users' union consumer cooperatives of Shaghat, Angeghakot and Shaki communities of Syunik marz are carrying out the Project "Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia". The Project aims to contribute to the local economic growth in targeted rural areas by creating sustainable jobs and increasing regional competitiveness in the two clusters of communities.
This announcement has been retrieved 394 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.