Questrade International Inc., Armenian Branch
TITLE: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will provide strong expertise and planning in the areas of automated and manual QA activities for applications developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on client services (account opening, client portal and other client-facing applications), the trading platform, web components and high volume data flow and transactions.
- Write test strategies, test plans, and test cases throughout the development life cycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for QA activities to other team members;
- Develop and direct the development of test scripts using automated testing tools;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Assist in building the test automation architecture;
- Work closely with development to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Work closely to business analysts, functional specification writers and user experience designers to perform early validation on requirements and other documentation, in order to uncover gaps and ensure test cases can be written effectively;
- Manage defect tracking; proactively identify risks and report them to the management; monitor and report results;
- Report the QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- 5-10 years of experience with solid progression in responsibility;
- Working knowledge of testing web-based applications; automation experience based on Selenium is desired;
- Working knowledge of Windows environments, Linux/ Unix and Mac OS is desired;
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle; methodology and testing knowledge;
- Advanced knowledge of the quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communications skills;
- Desirable knowledge of equities trading concepts;
- Desirable experience with testing high performance systems;
- Experience working in an agile environment is desired;
- Strong knowledge in automation testing approaches and tools;
- Ability to work independently.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly competitive, plus an advanced benefit package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 10 January 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09 February 2017
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information, please visit: www.questrade.com.
This announcement has been retrieved 431 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.