|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Origination Partner/ Data Scientist
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST Foundation is seeking an Origination Partner with a strong background in data science/ artificial intelligence/ machine learning to lead an exploration team that will be working on generating commercializable scientific breakthrough ideas. The incumbent will play a critical role in the hypothesis generation process and shape the team's vision and strategy. He/ she will bring a strong applied science and entrepreneurial orientation, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Lead the venture hypothesis exploration process by supervising and collaborating closely with research associates in the data science team;
- Assess the ideas generated by the team on their novelty, feasibility, and suitability for the market; make strategic decisions on which venture hypotheses to pursue exploration on;
- Work to flesh out and articulate vision, value proposition and plan for new breakthrough, AI/ data science venture;
- Work with the Principal and associates to formulate and vet new venture hypotheses based on breakthrough scientific and technological insights:
a) Explore intellectual property landscape and define opportunity for developing and capturing novel and broad intellectual property;
b) Define key scientific experiments, plan and budget to instantiate and derisk the opportunity space (ProtoCo phase);
c) Reach out to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), engage in scientific discussions to pressure test hypotheses, and network and establish deep relationships;
d) Formulate hypotheses and corresponding thought experiments, mine/ review scientific literature for supporting data, and synthesize in the form of presentation (Exploration phase);
- Help identify, vet and recruit prospective employees for company (research associate to VP level);
- Generate and support intellectual property for core projects, develop intellectual property strategy for company;
- Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies;
- Manage research relationships with external academic consultants and collaborators;
- Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings.
- Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or a related field with at least 5 years of experience;
- Proficiency in relevant programming/ scripting languages such as Python and R and standard command line tools;
- In-depth experience in one or more of the following areas: natural language processing, speech recognition, voice recognition, image processing, expert systems, or a related field;
- Expertise in one or more of the core machine learning areas such as: ANNs, SVMs, reinforcement learning, probabilistic rule-based learning;
- Experience in algorithm generation and/ or computational method implementation;
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale data and high throughput data analysis, network analysis and meta analyses.
- Expertise in one or more of such areas as: Bayesian approaches, Markov models, Gaussian processes, game theory, decision theory;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capability of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner;
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused person with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment;
- Person highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs, comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title ("Origination Partner/ Data Scientist") in the subject line of the email. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants. All applicants will be notified of their application results.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 14 November 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 December 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This announcement has been retrieved 489 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.