|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Principal/ Data Scientist
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST Foundation is seeking a creative, motivated Principal/ Data Scientist/, an AI/ ML specialist with diverse experiences and interests in data science/ AI/ ML, and the ability to adapt skill set to a variety of applications. The role requires good knowledge and understanding of the field. This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a highly qualified and motivated individual, who will be responsible for mentoring and supervising research associates. The Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative scientist with a enthusiasm for generating and bringing novel ideas to markets. He/ she will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The applicant will be a crucial part of a fast-paced data scientists/ AI team.
- Use machine learning and statistical modeling, collaborate with the team to identify novel insights and solutions;
- Coordinate deep research in the field;
- Employ deep learning and other relevant methods, develop novel solutions that will lead to breakthrough commercializable technology;
- Build and maintain scientific code base;
- Do written and oral presentation of results to the team;
- Generate and support intellectual property for core projects;
- Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies;
- Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings.
- Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or an adjacent field;
- Expertise in one or more of the core machine learning areas such as: ANNs, SVMs, reinforcement learning, probabilistic rule-based learning;
- Experience with relevant software tools such as R and Python, as well as relevant machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn and tensorflow;
- Experience in algorithm generation and/ or computational method implementation;
- Person highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs, comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale data and high throughput data analysis, network analysis and meta analyses;
- At least 3 years of work experience;
- Expertise in one or more of such areas as: Bayesian approaches, Markov models, Gaussian processes, game theory, decision theory;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner;
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused person with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to: email@example.com indicating the title of the position ("Principal/ Data Scientist") in the subject line of the email. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants. All applicants will be notified of their application results.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 14 November 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 December 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This announcement has been retrieved 544 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.