|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: IT Specialist
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST is looking for a subject matter expert to serve as its in-house IT Specialist in a long-term position. The successful candidate for this position will coordinate between the Foundation and external vendors about IT-related infrastructure and development, at the same time will consult the team on any issues that might come up and conduct potential fixes or efficient controls. FAST is looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous employees and vendors to ensure continuous success.
- Manage daily operations of the IT devices and supplies;
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands;
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction;
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security;
- Coordinate the IT needs of in-house and remote employees and contractors;
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution;
- Work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors to arrive at the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems;
- Understand support problems, analyze problem data and determine appropriate solutions;
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means;
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and train employees on its use;
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes;
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and prepare appropriate mitigation plans;
- Recommend process improvements to ensure system reliability, scalability, security, integrity and performance;
- Oversee the Foundation's data, including client information and internal information;
- Maintain, backup and secure databases, as well as restore files as needed;
- Provide for the implementation, configuration, deployment and support of systems, including, but not limited to client computing devices and servers.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field;
- Industry certifications and memberships are a plus;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Proven customer service and problem-solving skills, providing remote support services;
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity;
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a matrix environment;
- Excellent English, Armenian, and Russian written and verbal communication skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please, indicate the title of the position ("IT Specialist") in the subject line of the email. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 21 November 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 December 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This announcement has been retrieved 792 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.