Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO
TITLE: Milk Technologist/ Consultant
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Strategic Development Agency is looking for a qualified specialist to fulfill the position of Milk Technologist/ Consultant who will be responsible for providing advice in the field of milk, cheese and dairy production.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The job responsibilities of the Milk Technologist/ Consultant include, but are not limited to:
- Provide consultancy during the establishment and/ or renovation of milk processing workshops, including provision of support in design, selection of equipment and quality standards; define the procedures/ processes within the chain of milk processing;
- Evaluate milk processing factories' workflow and provide advisory services to increase efficiency;
- Develop new and improved methods in production, preservation, and utilization of milk, cheese and other dairy products;
- Provide trainings, as well as short-term and long-term consultations to milk market actors;
- Analyze current milk market needs;
- Monitor milk market and adjust the activities based on the external factors (changes in market, etc.);
- Perform other job-related duties assigned by the management of the Organization.
- University degree in Milk Technology/ Agricultural Sciences or a related area;
- At least 3 years of experience in the relevant position/ field;
- Knowledge of high value cheese and dairy production technology; knowledge of HACCP standard is a plus;
- Ability to communicate clearly;
- Self-confidence, negotiation and representation skills;
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; creative, initiative and results-oriented personality;
- Ability to work effectively in a team with adaptability and responsiveness;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken Armenian language;
- Knowledge of English and Russian languages is a plus;
- Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Awareness about the rural development projects in Armenia is a plus;
- Ability and willingness to intensively travel countrywide (and abroad if needed).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position ("Milk Technologist/ Consultant") in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 November 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 December 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO is an Armenian development organization implementing numerous operational projects, research and analysis, business and management advice, in cooperation with a number of international organizations such as Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC/ Switzerland), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), German International Cooperation (GIZ), UN Global Environmental Facility (GEF), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, European Union (EU) Delegation to Armenia.
This announcement has been retrieved 329 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.