IDeA (Initiatives for Development of Armenia) Charitable Foundation
TITLE: Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Partnerships Director
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Partnerships Director will help to increase the Organization's operations and impact. Aurora Humanitarian Initiative anticipates growth in existing programmes as well as creation of new projects. To meet this growing need, the Organisation is creating the role of Partnerships Director to play a leadership role as the team plans and delivers results from key implementation and funding relationships. The Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Partnerships Director will be part of the Organisation's senior management team and will direct and oversee all fundraising and partnership efforts of the Organisation during the expansion effort.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of ongoing efforts in achieving the Initiative's mission;
- Together with both the CEO and the COO, agree on overall budget and work to achieve or exceed a fundraising target;
- Provide strategic input into policies or discussions from other AHI functions that are interrelated to Partnerships, while constantly adapting the fundraising strategy to a changing political and economic environment.
Leading Generation and Development:
- Direct Partnerships team's activities, covering programme partners, diaspora relations and government relations, fundraising as well as customer relations management and guests;
- Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships, based on a thorough benchmarking exercise to identify and prioritize target partners, including both humanitarian aid organizations and philanthropic peers;
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact;
- Collaborate with the Initiative's teams to structure and execute initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships;
- Project and promote the Initiative's projects to new audiences and partners;
- Work closely with the leadership team and Selection Committee to map networks and connections;
- Issue recommendations for appointments to the Selection Committee and the Expert Panel;
- Liaise with former Finalists and Laureates as well as their designated organizations;
- Work with the Organization's Director of Programs, develop a suite of communication tools and events for various types of partners at different points in the partnership lifecycle;
- Develop and manage reporting and coordinate financial tracking of strategic partnership activities;
- Coordinate development and management of partner agreements.
- Serve as an ambassador of the project;
- Serve as liaison to Scholae Mundi in overseeing the management of the Gratitude Scholarships;
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships and management activities;
- Manage the Partnerships team's resources and budgets, ensuring that targets are met, legal and financial obligations are complied with and that the costs (human and financial) of the Organisation's fundraising and partnerships activities are in acceptable proportions to the resources generated in line with the Organisation's values;
- Timely and proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and build relationships with high-level executives in government, international organisations, non-profits, philanthropy as well as other partners, and a proven business judgement in leveraging those relationships;
- Highly comfortable developing executive-level sponsors within partnerships;
- Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a matrix team environment and leading with high energy and a positive attitude;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing fundraising and partnerships strategies covering corporate, foundation, government, multi-lateral, partner NGO and individual revenue streams; demonstrated success in that role and tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing partnerships over time;
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Ability to bring new knowledge, expertise and best practices; commitment to the constant professional development and life-long learning;
- Readiness to share knowledge with the team and commitment to the professional growth of the team members;
- Knowledge of English and Armenian languages; excellent writing and verbal communication skills in two languages; knowledge of Russian language is desirable;
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international locations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position ("Aurora Humanitarian Initiative Partnerships Director") in the subject line of the e-mail. IDeA Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 November 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 December 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: IDeA (Initiatives for Development of Armenia) Charitable Foundation was established by the entrepreneurs and philanthropists Ruben Vardanyan and Veronika Zonabend. The Foundation focuses on programs which achieve tangible socioeconomic development and assist Armenia in transition from the survival model to the prosperity model. IDeA is committed to promoting social entrepreneurship in Armenia through investments in long-term, non-profit projects, as well as ensuring their sustainability.
This announcement has been retrieved 1476 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.