Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC), Representative Office in Armenia
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
START DATE/ TIME: 01 February 2019
DURATION: 25 months, with a probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC), Representative office in Armenia is looking for an Administrative Assistant to assist the office management and the project team to render administrative functions assuring the implementation of project activities and achievement of project objectives, as well as to perform any other responsibility assigned by the superior.
Management of internal and external communication processes:
- Answer phone and prepare phone calls;
- Take minutes in internal and external meetings in English or Russian language, as agreed with supervisor;
- Prepare and send email and mail messages to various recipients;
- Handle post mail communication (in-box/ out-box);
- Prepare informational materials for the team (i.e. for meetings or workshops);
- Create and maintain an address file with contacts.
Rendering hospitality services for guest and visitors to the office and the project:
- Receive and accommodate guests;
- Prepare and provide water, tea, coffee and small snack;
- Remove and clean dishes and cutlery;
- Help in preparation of visitor programmes, draw up travel schedules; organize transport and logistics for guests and consultants.
Rendering non-complex procurement services:
- Prepare and conduct market research for procurement;
- Conduct small procurement of services and goods (below 1000 EUR: direct awarding): (a) with vendors for cash expenses and (b) through online procurement;
- Prepare contracts for service and good delivery.
Rendering translation services:
- Make oral translations in the context of meetings from/ to English/ Armenian/ Russian languages;
- Translate texts from/ to English/ Armenian/ Russian languages.
Managing hotel services, venue reservation and events:
- Responsible for reservation and management of accommodation for participants and trainers/ facilitators;
- Responsible for reservation and management of workshop venues;
- Support organisation and implementation of trainings, events, workshops and seminars within or outside the project (i.e. reception of participants, housekeeping, logistics);
- Responsible for media response documentation of events conducted with the support of SBFIC.
Handling business travel (BT) and leave request processes:
- Support preparation of BT application documents compliant with SBFIC and Armenian regulations;
- Support BT accountability according to SBFIC regulations;
- Responsible for reservation and booking of travel tickets and accommodation;
- File BT requests and leave requests of project staff.
Maintenance of office furniture and quality of premises:
- Identify and coordinate repair measures for furniture, office premises and safety aspects.
Contributing to the team work of the project:
- Support project implementation in necessary manner to assure conducive team work;
- Stand in for other team members (i.e. other Administrative Assistants) in time of their absence.
- Academic graduation in a subject of relevance (i.e. Linguistics, Business Management);
- At least 3 years of proficient work experience in similar functions with international organisations;
- Excellent communication competences and service orientation for clients and customers;
- Comprehensive competences to use IT applications (MS Office package: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Stress resilience and team player mind-set;
- Language skills in writing and speaking: professional knowledge of English and Russian languages; good German language skills (speaking) are a strong advantage;
- Willingness to develop further and taking on new tasks and challenges within the project team.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CV and a motivation letter electronically to the SBFIC-Office to Ms. Lilit Babayan at: Lilit.Babayan@sparkassenstiftung.de by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview subsequently.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 03 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14 December 2018
ABOUT: The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC) with the implementation of the regional project "Responsible Finance in the Caucasus and Ukraine" from March 2018 to February 2021. SBFIC supports its main partners, the Central Bank of Armenia (CBA), the Union of Credit Organisations of the Republic of Armenia (UCORA) and the Union of Banks of Armenia (UBA) to achieve the joint overall objective to increase the participation of the relevant target group (disadvantaged population groups, youth and women) in the financial system in Armenia. The above mentioned regional project aims at implementing "Responsible Finance" in the extended Caucasus region and Ukraine, encompassing financial literacy, consumer protection and the responsible provision of financial services. The following results are expected from the project:
Outcome 1: The sustainability of trainings activities for financial literacy and to capacitate the developmentally relevant target groups to make independent and informed financial and entrepreneurial decisions has improved (further);
Outcome 2: Supporting activities (training, consulting) for financial institutions in the context of existing regulation in the field of consumer protection, provision of information, corporate governance etc. have been provided by suitable institutions (professional bodies, associations, Central Banks, etc.), are being used and improve the quality of products and services provided to the developmentally relevant target groups;
Outcome 3: Proposals for relevant aspects of Responsible Finance (consumer protection, informational obligations, lending procedures etc.) are channeled via associations into the political-administrative consultation process.
This announcement has been retrieved 993 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.