US Peace Corps Armenia
TITLE: Pre-Service Training Language and Cultural Facilitator (LCF)
TERM: Full Time (40-48 hours per week, Monday - Saturday)
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All Interested Candidates
DURATION: Temporary (from on/ about 06 March 2019 – 09 June 2019)
LOCATION: Masis and Surrounding Villages, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The LCF lives and works closely with a small group of Trainees throughout the duration of PST. She/he conducts language training classes, following a prescribed curriculum, and effectively uses a variety of language training techniques, methodologies, and activities. LCFs work closely with the Language and Cross-Cultural Coordinator (LCC) and Training Manger (TM) to design, plan, deliver, and evaluate cross-cultural training activities both at the main training venue and at individual training villages. LCF participates in the evaluation of the language training program and the overall assessment of Trainees' language performance and cultural adaptation. The job location is Masis and its surrounding villages. Villages to be determined.
- University degree, equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Teaching or a related field;
- Two (2) years of language teaching experience;
- Level 4 language proficiency in both English and Armenian languages, according to the Interagency Language Roundtable: http://www.govtilr.org/ ;
- Competence in using the Internet and basic word processing software;
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as: copiers, printers, computers; - Knowledge of local cultural practices;
- Knowledge of U.S. American cultural attributes;
- Attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure is essential;
- Ability to pass a background check conducted by the United States Embassy;
- Ability to travel within Armenia;
- Courteous, attentive person who is able to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback;
- Collaborative person who works well in teams.
- Advanced university degree in Education, Teaching or a related field;
- Three (3) years of Armenian language teaching experience; one (1) year of working with U.S. Americans;
- Level 5 language proficiency in both English and Armenian languages, according to the Interagency Language Roundtable: http://www.govtilr.org/;
- Well versed in Armenian history and traditions;
- Ability to perform/ teach traditional Armenian songs, dance, or poetry.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates for this position must submit the following:
- Cover Letter in English language that describes your qualifications;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae in English language;
- The names and contact information in English (phone and email) of at least 3 references who are familiar with your work.
Please note, that incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, submit the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention in the subject line "PST Language & Cultural Facilitator". Alternatively, candidates may drop off applications to a Contracting Officer at 33 Charents Street, Yerevan 0025, Armenia. Please, note that the deadline for receiving applications is 19 December 2018 or until a suitable candidate is hired.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 04 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 December 2018, 5p.m.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Peace Corps Armenia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
This announcement has been retrieved 690 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.