|Ramada Hotel and Suites Yerevan|
TITLE: Sous Chef
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Ramada Hotel and Suites Yerevan is looking for an experienced Sous Chef. The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost. He/ she is expected to provide training for all the staff, meet corporate quality standards, and assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Sous Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise;
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/ her attention;
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas;
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner;
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation;
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) wage progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, and quarterly actions plans;
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas: hot food from the main kitchen and bakery, and cold food from the pantry;
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on time;
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets;
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures;
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with the Hotel standards;
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards;
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws;
- Know how to compute daily food cost;
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus;
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served;
- Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food storage and sanitation.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure;
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report;
- Prepare daily food production sheets;
- Cut meat, poultry, seafood according to daily business.
- At least 3 years of experience in a hotel similar position;
- Knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations;
- Excellent team leadership abilities; flair and enthusiasm to move forward whilst having fun;
- HACCP trained person;
- Good knowledge of English and Russian languages;
- Customer interaction skills being the chef "ambassador" for the outlet.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position ("Sous Chef") in the subject line of the e-mail.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 18 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Ramada Hotel and Suites Yerevan, represented by City Central LLC, is a 4-star hotel located in the center of Yerevan. Ramada is a multinational hotel chain owned by Wyndham Hotel Group. The Group operates more than 850 hotels across 65 countries under the Ramada brand. For more information, please visit: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/about-us.
This announcement has been retrieved 442 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.