|Ernst & Young CJSC (EY)|
TITLE: Data Scientist/ Engineer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Ernst & Young is currently seeking a candidate to join EY Armenia in the position of Data Scientist/ Engineer with Advisory Practice. As a member of EY data collection and analytical processing team, the incumbent will cooperate with multidisciplinary working groups who fulfill orders of major clients using client data and data from the respective external sources. He/ she will participate in projects to improve processes and business models based on detailed data analysis and machine learning. The Data Scientist/ Engineer will collect and process quality data to help EY clients use their resources and assets efficiently, streamline their costs, and improve their current process efficiency by designing customized IT solutions and software.
- Design ETL processes and create databases (data lake) of up to 1TB;
- Industrialize machine learning models in the enterprise information landscape;
- Use big data and/ or in memory technologies such as Hadoop (Hortonworks, Cloudera, others), SAP HANA, IBM Biglnsights and Oracle Exalytics;
- Develop Pentaho and SSIS;
- Collect, process and organize data in data lake;
- Prepare data for developing statistical forecasting models;
- Select ML model to ensure best stability and predictive power;
- Model, integrate and manipulate large disparate data sets;
- Develop forecast and statistical models;
- Assess quality and improve models;
- Undertake feasibility study of proposed solutions;
- Prepare and attend presentations;
- Design user interface (UI) for managing analytical decisions;
- Provide professional knowledge on the subject of the client project and experience of project management;
- Monitor progress, manage risks, ensure that stakeholders are informed about achieved progress and expected results;
- Use a variety of technical capabilities, professional knowledge, as well as continuous development in the field of analytical data processing.
- Diploma from one of the leading universities in Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science or other related subject matter with a strong focus on quantitative method, for example: MIPT, NIU HSE, MSU MSTU;
- At least 2 years of comparable research experience, confirmed by the degree of Candidate of Sciences and/ or relevant publications, awards, information on successfully completed projects, supplemented by experience in a commercial and/ or industrial organization;
- Predictive modeling and optimization experience in at least 10 use cases with 9-12 types of models; extensive machine learning experience: ML in R, Python SAS EM;
- Ability to work with statistical packages for data manipulation, development of predictive and prescriptive models, for example: R, Python, SAS, SQL, is desired;
- Experience in deigning, building, testing and validating models using a large number of statistical and other quantitative methods;
- Experience with scalable software for advanced analytical processing based on a big data, for example: Apache Mahout or 0xadata H2O;
- Experience with structuring design, development, testing and commissioning programs, supervision of these activities;
- Understanding of approaches to improving ETL and data lake performance;
- Work experience in data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, and others to integrate disparate data sources, develop and implement KPIs, and create automated, scalable visualization tools that facilitate the extraction of commercial information;
- Experience in developing ML models on datasets of at least 10 mln lines; experience in assessing and improving models;
- Good organizational and time management skills combined with the ability to prioritize and carry out numerous complex projects in short time;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Fluency in English and Russian languages, both verbal and written;
- Willingness to work under tight deadlines;
- Developed analytical skills, problem-solving skills and critical thinking;
- Readiness for business trips.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: email@example.com by the deadline. Please specify the subject line of the email as "Data Scientist/ Engineer at EY". Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 20 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 January 2019, COB
ABOUT COMPANY: Ernst & Young CJSC is a member firm of EY Global. EY has been working in Armenia since 2008. For more information about the Company, please visit: http://www.ey.com/am.
This announcement has been retrieved 861 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.