Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC
TITLE: Quality Assurance Engineer
START DATE/ TIME: Upon hiring
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Quality Assurance Engineer will mainly be responsible for automation and improvement of the software testing process.
- Create test-plans for comprehensive features/ enhancements for one of the developed tools;
- Responsible for manual verification of the newly implemented code, using proven 3rd party tools where needed;
- Report defects, localize the issue, provide necessary input to reproduce it, including scripts and layouts;
- Implement regression tests for covering the introduced code;
- Responsible for daily and on demand runs of tests, reporting the results to counterparts;
- Responsible for monthly runs of the tests through coverage reporting and memory checker tools and reporting the results;
- Provide weekly reports with brief description of the work done and the plan for the next week;
- Participate in QA and cross-functional team meetings.
- BS/ MS in electronic design automation (EDA) or computer science related area (Cybernetics, Computer Science, Microelectronics, Applied Math);
- 2 years of experience in automated software testing, preferably in EDA area;
- Scripting/ programming skills, knowledge of basic algorithms, ability of estimating the complexity of algorithms, creating and implementing ones;
- Experience of working with code coverage measuring tools (Gcov, Pure Coverage) and memory errors reporting tools (Valgrind, Purify) is a plus;
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuit laws, ability to resolve simple tasks;
- Basic knowledge of Boolean algebra and logical circuits;
- Basic knowledge about EDA flow and manufacturing process;
- Fluency in verbal and written English language; ability to work in an international team, having regular international team meetings;
- Good planning skills, basic knowledge of one of planning tools: JIRA, MS Project;
- Experience of working with a source control and an issue tracking tool;
- Readiness to support team members in force major situations.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive salary, plus benefits, including medical insurance, loan program, subsidized lunch.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: http://amyhrs.mentor.com indicating the position title ("Quality Assurance Engineer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 21 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC is a subsidiary of Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business, USA, a provider of electronic design automation (EDA) software.
This announcement has been retrieved 452 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.