"Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO
TITLE: Event Manager for the Business Incubator, Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population (IRIS) Programme
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested specialists
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: 3 years with possible extension (3 months of probation period)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: AC and SME are seeking an Event Manager (program coordinator) for the Business Incubator (BI EM) for the "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population" (IRIS) Programme. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and creative individual with strong communication skills, who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment and who is enthusiastic about economic growth and entrepreneurship. The BI EM will be responsible for organization of the BI activities, start-up events (workshops, business challenges, business week-ends, lead generation events, B2Bs, seminars, trainings). The BI EM will organize the delivery of entrepreneur programmes that advance the mission of BI providing value-added services to start-up and SME residents of BI. The BI EM supports and assists the BI Programme Manager (PM) in facilitating the operation of BI by coordinating services and providing business development assistance to the start-ups and SMEs. The incumbent will be fully responsible for the arrangements and content of the events. he/ she will be reporting to the immediate supervisor: Programme Manager of BI.
- Assist in the establishment of the BI under the coordination of BI PM, AC and SME;
- Assist in the development of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), BI regulations, modules and other documents under supervision of BI PM and in close collaboration with AC and SME;
- Assist the BI PM to run the Business Incubator by coordinating of BI activities;
- Assist the BI PM in facilitating entrepreneurship and small business development;
- Assist in developing and responsible for coordinating the delivery of entrepreneur programmes from start to completion, including deadlines, milestones and processes for all phases according to the IRIS objectives;
- Assist in developing and coordinate delivery of relevant training, coaching and mentorship programmes, as well as ongoing mentorship of programme participants;
- Organize start-up events (workshops, business challenges, business week-ends, lead generation events, B2Bs, seminars, trainings);
- Coordinate organization of various events including the lead generation events, workshops, seminars, Steering Committee meetings, Economic Integration Working Group meetings, etc. and execute the same with the help of team members;
- Assist in developing and maintaining strong customer service relationships with the start-ups, community and stakeholder groups, those inquiring about services, and partner organizations;
- Inform target groups about educational resources and engagement opportunities available to them by BI events;
- Make presentations to the target community about the services and entrepreneur programmes of BI;
- Promote a positive image of the BI through participation in various meetings, represent the BI programmes at info seminars, professional meetings, establish and maintain credible relations with stakeholders;
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/ or courses as directed;
- Report to the BI PM; liaise with the AC and SME programme management and if required to overall AutRC Programme management;
- Participate in the BI activities which require EM's involvement;
- Follow all EU Regional Trust Fund "MADAD" rules and regulations required within the IRIS programme.
- University degree in Economics, Management, Business Administration or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a Project Coordinator, Event Manager or Planner;
- Excellent understanding of innovation processes;
- Analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities;
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular);
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures; working knowledge of office equipment;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and to multitask efficiently;
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting;
- Strength in coordinating, coaching and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: The BI EM will be engaged on a long-term contract with monthly salary payments.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please indicate the title of the position (Event Manager for the Business Incubator, Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population (IRIS) Programme) in the subject line of the email. Armenian Caritas and SME Cooperation Association are grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 21 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent Non-governmental Organization was founded in 1995 by the Armenian Catholic Church. "Serve different vulnerable groups with love and compassion, respecting the dignity of each individual" - this is the mission which leads Armenian Caritas. Armenian Caritas focuses its domestic efforts on social protection of children, social inclusion of people with disabilities, social inclusion and care of the elderly, disaster risk reduction and emergency response, community development, the Armenian Caritas institutional development, as well as migration and integration.
ABOUT: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO (AC) and "SME Cooperation Association" NGO (SME) in consortium with the Austrian Red Cross (AutRC), Armenian Red Cross Society, and the "Center for Coordination of Syrian Armenians' Issues" NGO are implementing the "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population" (IRIS) programme funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (MADAD Fund). The IRIS programme aims at improving social and economic resilience of Syrian Armenians and host population and strengthening institutional capacities for economic growth in Armenia. The action is coordinated by the AutRC. In the framework of IRIS Economic Integration component a Business Incubator (BI) will be established in Yerevan that will support Syrian Armenian and local entrepreneurs through trainings, coaching, mentoring, incubation and financing for establishing new businesses. The BI will stimulate the culture of entrepreneurship and business environment in Armenia and will become a tool for sustainable development of future generations of start-ups.
This announcement has been retrieved 1584 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.