"Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO
TITLE: Communication and PR Officer for the Business Incubator, Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population (IRIS) Programme
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested specialists
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: 3 years with possible extension (3 months of probation period)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: AC and SME are seeking a Communication and PR Officer for the Business Incubator with excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills. The ideal candidate should be highly organized, flexible and creative individual with strong communication skills, who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment and who is enthusiastic about economic growth and entrepreneurship. The BI Communication and PR Officer will be responsible for managing BI and IRIS overall reputation, will communicate key messages to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between the BI and its public as well as to increase the visibility of IRIS. He/ she will report to the immediate supervisor: Programme Manager of BI.
For the Business Incubator:
- Plan, develop and implement the BI Communication and PR strategies and action plan in close cooperation with AC/SME Communication Offices and based on agreed communication guidelines and principles;
- Liaise with, and answer enquiries from media, individuals, start-ups and entrepreneurs and other organisations, often via phone and email;
- Cultivate contacts within business and industry media;
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis;
- Prepare and supervise the BI production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Promote the start-ups via traditional and social media;
- Commission market research;
- Report to the BI Programme Manager.
For the overall IRIS programme in close cooperation with AutRC Programme management:
- Communicate with IRIS target groups, partners and stakeholders, coordinating public relations activities for the overall IRIS programme;
- Develop regular Bulletin on BI activities and coordinate well with AutRC programme management;
- Coordinate the planned film over all activities and successes and ensure donor visibility;
- Work under the guidance of AutRC programme management.
For both BI and IRIS in very close cooperation with AutRC Programme management:
- Plan, develop and implement Media relations strategy, seek high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media;
- Create content for press releases, articles and keynote presentations;
- Collate and analyse media coverage;
- Write and edit media articles, speeches and reports;
- Devise and coordinate photo opportunities;
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Maintain and update information on the BI website;
- Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- Create and use opportunities to publicise BI to ensure further funding and continuity of actions;
- Foster community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives.
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business Management or related fields;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a communications/ PR role;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/ Photoshop);
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular), content management systems, and social media platforms;
- Excellent understanding of innovation in communication and PR;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and to multitask efficiently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: The BI Communication and PR officer will be engaged on a long-term contract with monthly salary payments.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please indicate the title of the position ("Communication and PR Officer for the Business Incubator, Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population (IRIS) Programme") in the subject line of the e-mail. Armenian Caritas and SME Cooperation Association are grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 21 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent Non-governmental Organization was founded in 1995 by the Armenian Catholic Church. "Serve different vulnerable groups with love and compassion, respecting the dignity of each individual" - this is the mission which leads Armenian Caritas. Armenian Caritas focuses its domestic efforts on social protection of children, social inclusion of people with disabilities, social inclusion and care of the elderly, disaster risk reduction and emergency response, community development, the Armenian Caritas institutional development, as well as migration and integration.
ABOUT: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO (AC) and "SME Cooperation Association" NGO (SME) in consortium with the Austrian Red Cross (AutRC), Armenian Red Cross Society, and the "Center for Coordination of Syrian Armenians' Issues" NGO are implementing the "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population" (IRIS) programme funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (MADAD Fund). The IRIS programme aims at improving social and economic resilience of Syrian Armenians and host population and strengthening institutional capacities for economic growth in Armenia. The action is coordinated by the AutRC. In the framework of IRIS Economic Integration component a Business Incubator (BI) will be established in Yerevan that will support Syrian Armenian and local entrepreneurs through trainings, coaching, mentoring, incubation and financing for establishing new businesses. The BI will stimulate the culture of entrepreneurship and business environment in Armenia and will become a tool for sustainable development of future generations of start-ups.
This announcement has been retrieved 1205 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.