Public Journalism Club NGO
TITLE: Communication Coordinator
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The post-holder should develop and implement a robust, integrated and strategic communications plan and design joint communication messages that provide external stakeholders with objective and balanced information on the Public Journalism Club's (PJC) programmes. Communication Coordinator will be in charge of the creation and ongoing management of an organization-wide communications calendar. The purpose of the job is to serve as an external communication focal point for wide activities of the Organisation and its programme partners, to achieve the highest standards for external communications. The 80% of the job engagement will be dedicated to the "A Public Glimpse into the Closed World: Human Rights Issues in Closed Institutions of Armenia" Project funded by the European Union and Open Society Foundations - Armenia.
- Elaborate, in coordination with PJC and the partners of the Organisation, and in compliance with the donor requirements, the external communication strategy, particularly on the package of external communication templates appropriate for the major activities requiring external communication;
- Coordinate the external communication on a case-by-case basis with PJC and other partners of the Organisation and comply with the donor regarding ongoing programme's ad-hoc activities;
- Responsible for increasing exposure for outreach of the activities of the PJC and its immediate partners within joint projects, as widely as possible, in coordination with PJC other team members;
- Co-manage the PJC website and the Facebook page, as well as maintain and increase the Organisation's presence on social platforms and relevant on-line forums and networks;
- Facilitate internal communication; work with a team and synthesize its ideas into relevant communication pieces, coordinate the evaluation of potential external partnership opportunities;
- Help the PJC and its programme partners determine the languages and the format of external communication in each particular case, as well as to oversee the delivery of communication materials, such as TV programs, press releases, public versions of narrative reports, publications, and research papers to appropriate external readership;
- Be engaged, as assigned, in the arrangement of the events in case of necessity, as well as where appropriate and possible attend particular events organized by PJC and its partners;
- Ensure translation of relevant documents from Armenian language into English language, and vice versa;
- Represent the PJC, as assigned by the PJC Director and Programmes Leader, at external events, and introduce its activities;
- Be a primary focal point for the communication with EU and other donors;
- Participate in fundraising activities of the Organisation;
- As needed, perform additional tasks to support the effective implementation of the programme.
- Graduate degree, preferably in Media, Social Sciences or a related field;
- At least 3 years of field experience working in civil society area;
- Deep knowledge of human rights, political, social and cultural context of Armenia is a plus;
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages with a track record of written translation from Armenian language into English language and vice versa; knowledge of Russian language is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Armenian languages, with a track record in publications;
- Excellence at grasping complex ideas and communicating effectively;
- Good knowledge of on-line social networks, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.;
- Experience managing high level relationships, including with donors, international organizations and authorities;
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once;
- Knowledge of high tech communication opportunities is highly desirable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit a CV/ resume and a cover letter in English language to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title ("Communication Coordinator") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 26 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The Public Journalism Club (PJC) NGO is a non-governmental organization, established in March 2011 in Armenia. PJC's projects aim at the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, development of democratic environment and civil society, as well as building regional dialogue and peace through innovative ideas. In realising its mission and core values, the Company is guided by the principles of promotion of media literacy, freedom of expression, diversity and pluralism, raising awareness among the society in Armenia, as well as addressing social issues through trailblazing and ambitious projects. PJC envisions a more democratic, prosperous and sustainable Armenia, which encourages social activism and endorses a more cooperative, educated and competitive society.
This announcement has been retrieved 958 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.