HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC
TITLE: Accounting and Control Officer, Finance Department
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: HSBC Bank Armenia is looking for an Accounting and Control Officer to join its Finance Department. The role supervises Accounting and Control function of HSBC Bank Armenia including reconciliation and substantiation of General Ledger accounts. The Accounting and Control Officer ensures accounting and tax treatment applied to third party payments and other transactions is correct and complies with local regulation requirements and accounting standards; implements contract reviews and cost line analysis aiming to support overall cost management, provides accounting and tax advice for new products and services; implements quality reviews of reconciliation and tax operation processes performed in other areas of the Bank.
- Responsible for daily checking of accounting and tax treatment of third party payments and other accounting entries to ensure compliance with Group and Local regulation requirements, internal procedures and policies;
- Responsible for ongoing review of area processes to improve efficiency and controls of the function;
- Responsible for evidenced reconciliation of nostro accounts, outstanding transactions further escalation and follow up;
- Responsible for managing month-end reconciliation and substantiation process of General ledger accounts;
- Implement effective follow up and escalation process for timely clearing of outstanding items;
- Control daily exceptions reporting;
- Responsible for checking of loans and debtors debt provisioning process as per local regulation;
- Responsible for annual review of provision for investment in securities;
- Responsible for provision of regular comprehensive analysis of different cost lines for purpose of suggesting value added cost reduction initiatives and supporting in overall cost control activities;
- Implement quality assurance reviews of reconciliation processes and tax operations performed in other areas of the Bank;
- Responsible for independent reconciliation of Tax payments against reports and mutual settlement act provided by Tax authorities;
- Control monthly VAT reconciliation process;
- Provide trustworthy cost estimates during annual operating plan submission;
- Responsible for the provision of function related data for internal and external audit, Central Bank, Group and Tax audit reviews;
- Responsible for leading function related projects;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- At least 1 year of related work experience in finance; experience in the banking sector is preferable;
- Knowledge of banking and international accounting standards;
- Tax knowledge and experience is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of job-related PC applications;
- ACCA, CFA qualification is an asset;
- Good analytical skills; proactive, dynamic self-starter;
- Accuracy and detail orientation;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of written and spoken English language;
- Awareness of AS (Armenian Software) Bank application is an asset;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title ("Accounting and Control Officer") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interviews.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 27 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: HSBC Bank Armenia was established as a Closed Joint Stock Company under the name Midland Armenia Bank J.S.C. in 1996 and was renamed into HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC in 1999. The Bank is a joint venture between the HSBC Group, which has a 70 percent ownership, and the members of overseas Armenian businesses with 30 percent ownership. HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC offers products and services to individuals, as well as to corporate customers in Armenia and abroad.
This announcement has been retrieved 919 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.