Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH
TITLE: Intern in Capacity Development
START DATE/ TIME: 01 February 2019 – 01 May 2019
DURATION: 3 months
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Intern will support the IBiS programme (Integrated Management of Biodiversity, South Caucasus) in various tasks. The main responsibility will be assistance in the programme's activities in communication and event management.
- Support in planning, organizing and documenting meetings, workshops, trainings and other capacity development measures;
- Support in editing, proofreading, and formatting of reports, brochures, etc. and coordinating processes of document design;
- Support in conducting small research related to biodiversity and ecosystem services in Armenia;
- Support in analyzing and documenting evaluation results of different capacity development measures;
- Prepare minutes, reports and presentations if needed.
- Interest in topics related to biodiversity conservation and sustainable development;
- Student with a relevant bachelor's degree or master's degree;
- Excellent communication, networking and team-working abilities;
- Fluency in written and spoken Armenian and English languages;
- Knowledge of German language is an advantage;
- Good working knowledge of ICT (related to software, phone, fax, email and Internet) and computer applications (MS Office);
- Ability to travel frequently in the country.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant experience and education, copies of all relevant educational reports and employers' references (if available) to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de indicating the position title ("Intern in Capacity Development") in the subject line. With getting the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed, if not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Str.,Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this internship opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 28 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information on the GIZ, please visit: www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The "Integrated Biodiversity Management in the South Caucasus" (IBiS) Programme is a regional technical cooperation programme implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Government. The biodiversity of the South Caucasus is of global importance, but the huge variety of species and the proper functioning of the ecosystems are under threat. In each of the three countries of the South Caucasus – Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan – there are National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plans (NBSAPs) and initial sectoral strategies for managing biodiversity and ecosystem services. As yet these are unable to withstand the challenges posed by the overlapping interests of different sectors (forestry, pasture farming, agriculture, nature conservation and tourism). There is a lack of coordination between the various state and non-state actors and population groups. In addition, there is not enough reliable data available to support planning and decision-making processes. The objective of the regional IBiS programme is to promote better coordination of biodiversity and ecosystem services management across sectors (sector networking) on the basis of solid data. Here, the role of organizational development and process management is becoming increasingly important in order to support the work of partner institutions by the GIZ team. The programme is working in four areas of activity: supporting pilot measures and coordination processes at local level; strengthening capacity and building public awareness at national level; and promoting the sharing of expertise at supranational level. The programme is due to last four years (from December 2015 to November 2019). For the information about the Programme, please visit: https://biodivers-southcaucasus.org/.
This announcement has been retrieved 1025 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.