Open Society Foundations, Armenia
TITLE: Program Coordinator for the Areas of Human Rights and the Rule of Law
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is under the supervision of the Executive Director and Deputy Director in the Department of Human Rights and the Rule of Law.
- Assist with managing, monitoring, and evaluation of grants and projects within the Human Rights and the Rule of Law programs of the Foundation;
- Review proposals and prepare summaries for follow up;
- Undertake research tasks within the Foundation's priorities in the areas of the human rights and civil society;
- Participate in the implementation of operational projects in the specified areas.
- University degree, preferably in Law, Human Rights, Public Policy or Social Sciences;
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of human rights, rule of law and/ or policy development in an international organization;
- Clear understanding of the critical human rights challenges and the needs of the justice reform in Armenia and familiarity with international trends in human rights, rule of law, democracy promotion and civil society development;
- Understanding of public policy issues in major areas of reform in Armenia related to human rights and freedoms;
- In-depth knowledge of national strategies, legislation, regulations, commitments, obligations related to human rights and relevant international frameworks;
- Strong dedication to human rights promotion in Armenia;
- Experience of working with civil society groups/ networks, state institutions and agencies, international organizations;
- Research experience supported by publications;
- Ability to handle confidential issues;
- Willingness and capacity to learn new approaches;
- Self-motivation with an ability to set and meet goals;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to submit applications (CV and a cover letter) to: email@example.com indicating the position title ("Program Coordinator for the Areas of Human Rights and the Rule of Law") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 08 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 January 2019, 17:00
This announcement has been retrieved 1158 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.