|World Vision Armenia|
TITLE: Business Facilitator/ Project Coordinator for "Sustainable Solutions for Integration of Displaced and Conflict-Affected Persons" Project
DURATION: Fixed-term, one-year contract
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Facilitator/ Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day project management and will be directly involved in project activities to ensure their compliance with the project goal and donor requirements. This includes the operation of the Business Facilitation Unit, as well as timely reporting and execution of activities defined in Implementation Plan. Business Facilitator/ Project Coordinator will also be responsible for small business development, including provision of advice, referrals and networks to beneficiaries, as well as coaching and support to advisory council.
- Provide target business owners with business coaching;
- Actively encourage and support the development of business peer support groups and counselors;
- Support business clients to start or expand their business by providing tailored advice, information, training, referrals through the coaching process;
- Regularly research business opportunities, community needs and assets in target area;
- Develop a comprehensive database of local networks and service providers that can assist local businesses with business development;
- Link/ refer individual and group clients to local service providers such as banks and training organisations;
- Create linkages/ networks with financial institutions and/ or other organisations or bodies that can assist in stimulating or advancing business development in the target area;
- Support the development of business groups, networks to improve business in local area;
- Actively engage with fellow business facilitators for learning and support;
- Provide business training and support with other capacity building initiatives;
- Arrange, design and deliver experiential business training to small groups of target business owners on regular basis, if needed;
- Ensure smooth implementation of all the project activities as per the elaborated Project Action Plan and in compliance with the project goal and donor requirements;
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems;
- Submit timely accurate and professional progress reports to the supervisor;
- Oversee the project implementing partners' implementation of project activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Commerce, Business or related field/s; master's degree is preferred;
- Experience in international organizations, particularly with regards to implementation, budgeting, reporting and other documentation related requirements;
- Experience in working in refugee-related projects, particularly with refugees from Syria will be a plus;
- Good knowledge of community development, empowerment and/ or coaching principles and approaches;
- Demonstrated experience in small business development and management, including marketing, financial management and research (e.g. owning or operating a business, or providing business development services);
- Demonstrated experience in relationship development, supporting/ empowering and/ or coaching others and networking;
- Demonstrated experience in development, community empowerment, working with community-based organizations;
- Good experience in networking;
- Report writing experience;
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation; good interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processors;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, adaptability and flexibility;
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by registering at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/armenia/field-operations/business-facilitator-project-coordinator-forssidcap-project/11743 and/ or sending a CV to: email@example.com indicating the position title ("Business Facilitator/ Project Coordinator for "Sustainable Solutions for Integration of Displaced and Conflict-Affected Persons" Project") in the subject line of the email. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 10 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 24 January 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. We pursue life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
World Vision Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. Area Programs are focused on promoting child well-being through community participation and ownership.
ABOUT: The goal of "Sustainable Solutions for Integration of Displaced and Conflict-Affected Persons" Project is to contribute to sustainable access to employment opportunities and livelihoods for displaced and conflict-affected individuals in Armenia. The project will be implemented in Yerevan, Charentsavan and Darbnik, where the biggest concentration of refugees is.
This announcement has been retrieved 817 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.