|Questrade International Inc., Armenian Branch|
TITLE: Microservices Engineer
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Microservices Engineer will design, document and build microservices using technologies like .Net Core, Entity Framework, NodeJS, and GraphQL. The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer who has worked with docker images and cloud native applications and is an expert in writing RESTful APIs. As a Microservices Engineer, the incumbent will design, build, and document new APIs and applications for multiple business projects. He/ she will work with multiple development groups and architects to understand the project requirements and combine them to design and build a solution that can integrate to the current ecosystem of Questrade microservices and applications. He/ she will work closely with the Ops teams and provide DevOps support for the microservices and applications he/ she creates. As an active part of a scrum team the incumbent will work on not only delivering a high quality working product in a timely manner, but also on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of his/ her team.
- Work closely with application developers to determine API design for new microservices;
- Build microservices with Restful APIs using .Net Core, Python and NodeJS;
- Setup microservices on enterprise PAAS;
- Build and provide support teams with Docker images for new microservices created;
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and ensure all internal systems are integrated;
- Perform code reviews, assist team members with technical problems and ensure best practices;
- Participate in designing new application features and functionality, writing API's, making scalability and maintainability improvements;
- Meet and interact with user interface designers, solution architects, marketing specialists, database architects and .NET developers as needed to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements for the new application;
- Monitor microservice under team's domain for issues and improvements;
- Perform testing of own code and write unit tests as well as automated tests for continuous integration.
- At least 3 years of experience in diverse software engineering;
- Expertise in working with .Net Core technologies; expertise with Python, NodeJS, GraphQL and C++ is desired;
- Full stack experience and experience with modern web frontend frameworks is a plus;
- Master in writing REST-based services;
- Familiarity with building, unit testing and deploying Docker images, as well as familiarity with CI concepts for microservices;
- Knowledge of different PaaS solutions - OpenShift, CloudFoundry;
- Experience of working closely in a scrum team with a cross functional team;
- Experience in using SQL Databases (e.g. MSSQL/ MySQL);
- Experience in using NoSQL Databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB);
- Experience with Git, SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence and UML;
- Experience with major cloud providers - AWS, Azure, GCP;
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP protocols (sockets);
- Understanding of event-driven, streaming architectures, and CQRS;
- Knowledge of system design and software architectures;
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration solutions - Kubernetes, Mesos;
- Multithreading development experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com indicating the title of the position ("Microservices Engineer") in the subject line of the e-mail. The Company is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 11 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Questrade International Inc. is an affiliate company to Questrade Inc., an online brokerage in Canada. In October 2010, the Company officially opened an international branch in Yerevan, Armenia. From a humble beginning of a few employees, the branch in Armenia has grown to a team of over sixty. To learn more about the Company, please visit: www.questrade.am.
This announcement has been retrieved 320 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.