Questrade International Inc., Armenian Branch
TITLE: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will provide expertise in the area of QA activities for applications developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on the trading platform, web components desktop client applications and high volume data flow and transactions. The incumbent may be allocated at times to work as part of teams following Agile methodologies such as Scrum. The ideal candidate should be an individual very interested in technology, particularly backend services and client/ server applications. He/ she should enjoy being part of a team who builds tools using leading edge technologies. He/ she understands the concept of testability and will work together with developers and designers, providing input into their work to ensure the final product can be tested efficiently using either manual or automated approaches.
- Write test plans and test cases throughout the development life cycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools;
- Create test automation utility libraries for test automation framework;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Work closely with development to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Assist and actively participate in the communication between local and offshore development and QA teams, ensuring knowledge is shared efficiently;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in a QA engineering role;
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, methodologies and testing knowledge;
- Solid knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Python/ Bash is an asset;
- Experience C/ C++ code base applications is an asset;
- Experience in GUI automation testing is an important asset;
- Experience in automation testing or coding or backend services is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL databases;
- Advanced knowledge of trading systems and trading concepts, particularly within the equities realm, is considered an asset;
- Experience with testing high performance systems is an asset;
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any testing tool;
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux/ Unix and Windows environments;
- Advanced understanding of automation testing methodologies;
- Programming skills is an asset;
- Hands on experience with Squish test automation tool is an important asset.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position ("Senior Quality Assurance Engineer") in the subject line of the e-mail. The Company is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 11 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Questrade International Inc. is an affiliate company to Questrade Inc., an online brokerage in Canada. In October 2010, the Company officially opened an international branch in Yerevan, Armenia. From a humble beginning of a few employees, the branch in Armenia has grown to a team of over sixty. To learn more about the Company, please visit: www.questrade.am.
This announcement has been retrieved 331 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.