Armenia Tree Project (ATP) Charitable Foundation
TITLE: Community Tree Planting (CTP) Monitor
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: ATP Charitable Foundation is looking for a candidate for the position of Community Tree Planting (CTP) Monitor. The incumbent will monitor the planting sites of Armenia Tree Project all over Armenia and Artsakh.
- Work in the Community Tree Planting (CTP) division;
- Monitor reports directly to the CTP Manager;
- Consult the ATP agronomist in technical aspects, e.g. causes of tree mortality, pesticide application, etc.;
- Identify sites for tree planting;
- Perform training on tree planting before planting process at the sites;
- Responsible for the tree care, which should be performed at the sites;
- Identify correctly the tree survival rate at the sites;
- Fill in the computer files on tree survival and tree measurement;
- Perform tree measurements and collect other data required by the project;
- Establish contacts with tree caretakers at the sites;
- Use the time rationally during monitoring activities;
- Take photos of the sites;
- Introduce the site to the donors and guests.
- Master's degree in Agriculture;
- Availability of "B,C" driver license;
- Reporting skills;
- Attention to details and accuracy;
- Teamwork ability;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian language; knowledge of English language is a plus;
- Readiness to work under pressure and within set deadlines;
- Willingness to travel throughout Armenia and Artsakh with possible overnight stay.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable, based on previous work experience and skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send a resume in English or Armenian language to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mentioning the position title ("CTP Monitor") in the subject line of the email. Selected candidates will be notified of the interview dates directly.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 16 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Armenia Tree Project (ATP) Charitable Foundation has been planting trees since 1994 (around 5,5 million trees planted so far) and added environmental education as a core program area by 2005 (over 30,000 students, youth and teachers trained so far). The overall goal of the Environmental Education Program is to educate a new generation of environmental stewards in Armenia, who will take care of the trees ATP is planting today and will have a strong awareness about topics such as global climate change, deforestation, conserving water resources, biodiversity loss, recycling and waste management, etc. Please check out ATP website for more details: https://www.armeniatree.org/en/.
This announcement has been retrieved 566 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.