TITLE: System Administrator
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Permanent, with a probation period of 3 months
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Varks.am is looking for a highly responsible System Administrator (SA), who can have a great contribution to the Company's team by his/ her enthusiastic work. The SA is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The SA will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Engineer SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs;
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements;
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures;
- Contribute to and maintain system standards;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for the system administration tasks; identify approaches that leverage the Company's resources and provide economies of scale;
- Recommend upgrades, maintain the current system and implement new network equipment;
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify possible intrusions;
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary;
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or in a technical field, or relevant experience;
- Previous experience is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages; good knowledge of Russian language is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: email@example.com indicating the position title ("System Administrator") in the subject line of the email, otherwise the application will not be considered.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 21 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Varks.am is represented by "Varks.am UCO" CJSC which is a finance organization.
This announcement has been retrieved 856 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.