TITLE: PHP WordPress Developer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: MicroComp is looking for a PHP WordPress Developer who must have backend PHP experience, not just frontend styling. Communication and best practices should be exceptional. The Company's projects are never cookie-cutter, so the ideal candidate must have experience of heavily customizing WordPress.
- Improve the quality, performance, and stability of fully operational websites;
- Collaborate closely with the Designer and Project Manager to create the best experience for the customers;
- Develop websites according to the guidance provided by the Project Manager/ Designer;
- Troubleshoot and repair issues on websites;
- Build and maintain client WordPress websites;
- Develop UI and functional components;
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme/ plugin;
- Take Photoshop wireframes/ layouts and turn them into high-performance web pages on WordPress;
- Contribute expertise in developing internal best practices and standards;
- Communicate clearly with the managers and other team members to identify tasks, provide work estimates and ensure production deadlines are met;
- Manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision;
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- 2-3 years of solid experience with WordPress and server-side scripting in PHP (knowledge and experience in developing, theming, customizing and upgrading WordPress);
- Experience in developing responsive websites;
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML);
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Expertise in creating WordPress themes and working with plugins to be able to achieve the desired results;
- Understanding of available cache plugins and server-side caching options;
- Experience with online stores like WooCommerce;
- Experience in working with APIs and Web Service Integrations;
- Excellent knowledge of English language;
- Knowledge of and experience in PHP interfacing with a relational database of MySQL;
- Knowledge of and experience with Laravel framework is desirable;
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and repair issues on websites;
- Understanding of cross platform/ browser compatibility issues;
- Experience with multiple breakpoint and responsive design techniques;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Based on experience and qualifications
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to send their CV in English language to: email@example.com indicating the title of the position ("PHP WordPress Developer") in the subject line of the email. Please, provide also the links to the websites built in the past. The Company thanks all the interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 22 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: MicroComp specializes in web and web-based software development. The Company is represented in Armenia by Reload LLC. For more information about MicroComp, please visit: https://www.micro-comp.com.
This announcement has been retrieved 427 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.