|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Senior Research Analyst
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST Foundation is looking for a Senior Research Analyst with strong quantitative and strategic planning background who will be responsible for building and testing mathematical models, as well as conducting innovation and socio-economic analysis, and assisting the Organization's decision-making process. The incumbent should possess understanding of behavioral and development economics. The Senior Research Analyst will engage in the design and creation of models of a functioning science, technology and innovation (STI) ecosystem/ national innovation system outlining the relationships between its actors, and estimating the effect sizes of potential interventions. The incumbent will also engage in executing the research agenda that will involve building predictive models of individual intent and human behavior in different domains, and providing recommendations for optimizing different processes in startup creation, commercialization of science, public policy, strategy, etc. He/ she will also participate in the program conceptualization and design, impact assessment, and organizational development. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. He/ she will be able to lead and implement projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail.
- Create models to assist the design of STI development policy;
- Make data-driven forecasts regarding the potential effects of STI policy on a number of socio-economic indicators;
- Apply behavioral insights across a range of policy areas;
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts;
- Do formative evaluation, ex ante and ex post impact assessment, and strategic planning in the fields of science, technology, and innovation;
- Conduct data collection, database creation, sophisticated data analysis;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, dashboards, other articles, reports and presentations for senior management review;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics/ Econometrics, Behavioral Science or Data Science with strong quantitative background; PhD is preferred;
- At least 2 years of recent experience in an applied research/ data management environment;
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, create and run mathematical models;
- Knowledge in some or all of these modeling techniques: regressions, structural equation models, general equilibrium models;
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software such as Python, R, SPSS and Stata;
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms is a plus;
- Strong understanding of rational choice theory, and behavioral game theory is a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge;
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team;
- Knowledge of business processes; excellent critical thinking skills;
- Proven skills in communicating scientific results orally and in writing to different audiences;
- Excellent level of proficiency in English language, both written and spoken.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position ("Senior Research Analyst") in the subject line of the e-mail. FAST Foundation is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 24 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This announcement has been retrieved 785 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.