The World Bank Group
TITLE: Procurement Specialist
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Citizens of Armenia are eligible to apply
DURATION: 3 years
LOCATION: Tbilisi, Georgia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The World Bank Group is seeking to recruit a highly qualified Procurement Specialist to be based in the World Bank Country Office in Tbilisi, Georgia to provide support for the Georgia portfolio, including identified projects in other countries, and to contribute to the priorities for the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) Solutions and Innovations in Procurement Unit (SIP) of the Governance Global Practice. The Procurement Specialist will be part of a dynamic team of Specialists working in the SIP, among whom many are in the World Bank Group Country Offices and the rest at the Headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Work independently and as a team member on procurement matters in the performance of the Bank's fiduciary and service functions, seeking guidance on complex projects/ issues from senior procurement staff and the country procurement team leader, as necessary;
- Employ appropriate methodologies for handling both simple and complex procurement tasks and/ or issues;
- Working across sectors, be responsible for reviewing and handling the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement (in consultation with Legal and Policy departments as necessary) at all stages of the project cycle, to include analysis of systemic and other procurement issues, procurement planning, design, implementation and management, and training;
- Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and national procurement;
- Participate in missions as procurement expert on large projects; assess procurement implications of project design, evaluate institutional capacity of the Borrower and develop suitable procurement plans;
- Participate in country procurement assessments, prepare background analysis, collaborate on developing appropriate public procurement legislation and practices and tailors instruments to meet specific client needs;
- Negotiate and resolve difficult procurement issues with Borrower agencies and handle questions/ complaints from officials and contractors on bidding and award issues;
- Design and conduct workshops to educate procurement professionals in the Bank and in Borrower agencies on the Bank's philosophy and approach to procurement, the rationale of its policy framework, relevant procedures and processes, as well as on specialized procurement topics;
- Prepare a range of procurement-related documents and reports;
- Handle appropriate interaction with country counterparts on sector, organizational, human resources management, financial, economic and regulatory practices;
- Provide guidance and training to junior procurement staff at grades GD and GE and to ACS staff in the Country Office;
- Frequently interact with managers and technical specialists in the work unit and staff from other agencies, donors, consultants and borrowers.
- At least MA/ MS in a relevant discipline, e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce;
- 5 years of relevant experience in procurement;
- Knowledge of English language.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: For the full position description, complete selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested to submit an application at: http://bit.do/worldbankgroup-JobDescription, job# req1727. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 25 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 February 2019
This announcement has been retrieved 1771 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.