|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Senior Research Associate
START DATE/ TIME: 20 May 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST Foundation is looking for a creative, highly motivated and outstanding scientist, researcher, engineer and inventor with diverse experiences and interests in the life sciences for the position of Senior Research Associate. The role requires deep knowledge and understanding of the field. This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a highly qualified and motivated individual, who will be responsible for mentoring and supervising research associates and other team members. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, innovative scientist with an enthusiasm for generating and exploring ideas with world-changing potential. He/ she will be comfortable working in, and contributing to, a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Coordinate deep research in the life sciences;
- Develop novel solutions that will lead to breakthrough commercializable ideas in the field;
- Make written and oral presentation of results to the team;
- Generate and support intellectual property for core projects;
- Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging fields, products and technologies in the life sciences.
- PhD in Life Sciences;
- Strong publication track record in peer-reviewed journals for the last 5 years;
- Practical experience in some of these modern methods: molecular cloning, microarray techniques, real-time and conventional PCR, laser scanning microscopy, genome sequence analysis;
- Ability to design relevant experiments and to practice critical evaluation of the data and the findings;
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and need, comfortable delivering against challenging commitments;
- Team-oriented, highly motivated and execution-focused person with strong work ethic; ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment;
- Creativity in the ability to solve complex scientific and business problems.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with indication of research interests. Please, mention the position title ("Senior Research Associate") in the subject line of the email. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This announcement has been retrieved 562 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.