UNDP Armenia Office
TITLE: Behavioral Insights Task Lead
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individuals only
DURATION: 01 March 2019 - 01 September 2019 (80 consultancy days)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The complexity and interconnectedness of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) require novel approaches, methodologies, strong data systems, and institutions that would have the capacity to provide 'out of the box' solutions to the problems faced by the global community. In response, the United Nations and the Government of Armenia have established the Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab as a platform for collaboration, experimentation, analytics and world class human resource development to accelerate the implementation of the Agenda 2030. The Lab is the first of its kind in country platform to support SDG implementation at country level. To do this, the Lab has adopted a toolbox of innovative methodologies such as behavioral experimentation, data analytics, impact investment and capacity building in the Lab's most advanced public policy techniques. The ultimate goal of the Lab is to contribute to Armenia's National Development Strategy. To do so, the Lab closely cooperates with the office of the Prime Minister, SDGs Inter-Agency Working Groups, local and international partners to support the achievement of the SDGs that are priorities for the Government of Armenia.
- Lead the Behavioral Experimentation service line of the SDG Innovation Lab in close cooperation with the Data Analytics Task Lead and Public Innovation and Innovation Financing Mechanisms Service Line Leads to shape the SDG innovation agenda;
- Supervise the implementation of the ongoing Behavioral Science projects;
- Define novel avenues of collaboration and shape Behavioral Science projects in collaboration with UN agencies and Government representatives;
- Lead a team of research assistants working on Behavioral Insights;
- Work on the development of key analytical knowledge products of the Lab and make periodic updates to the management;
- Participate in the development of policy briefs based on the results of the randomized controlled trials;
- Identify funding sources for randomized controlled trials and participate in fundraising efforts of the Lab;
- Establish local and international contacts with academia experts, innovation labs and think tanks that conduct policy-relevant work in behavioral science;
- Liaise directly with potential partners in the development organizations and foreign embassies with a view to identify areas for possible cooperation in the field of Behavioral Science;
- Provide other job-related support and assistance as required.
- 2-3 project proposals ready for implementation shaped in collaboration with UN agencies and Government counterparts;
- Organization and coordination of behavioral experiments;
- Light support in the data analytics projects implemented by Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab;
- Production of key SDG-related knowledge products;
- Support to capacity building (organization of trainings in Behavioral Science) and SDG-related activities, as required;
- Identified partnership and resource mobilization opportunities for the SDG Innovation Lab and the RCO;
- 1-2 funding proposals submitted (conditional on the availability of calls for proposals).
- Education: master's degree in Behavioral Economics, Behavioral Science or Social Psychology; PhD degree is highly preferred;
- Experience: at least 3 years of experience in the fields of sociology, economics, psychology and research with specific focus on behavioral science/ behavioral economics either in an academic or a non-academic environment for at least 1 year;
- Track record of scientific publications or project reports in behavioral science/ behavioral economics will be considered as a strong advantage;
- Language skills: fluency in Armenian and English languages, both written and oral; knowledge of Russian language will be considered an asset.
- Strong research skills;
- Strong statistical skills with proficient knowledge of various statistical software (e.g., R, STATA, SPSS);
- Interest in innovation for development;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Experience in supporting research and capacity building efforts and providing relevant administrative support;
- Creative flair and originality;
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications procedures are available at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=83187.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14 February 2019
This announcement has been retrieved 801 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.