US Peace Corps Armenia
TITLE: Driver/ Mechanic
TERM: Full Time: 40 hours per week scheduled according to post needs.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary responsibility of the Driver/ Mechanic is to provide safe and reliable transportation for staff and volunteers within Armenia and neighboring countries as needed. The Driver/ Mechanic ensures that the vehicles are properly maintained and operated according to Peace Corps policy. As part of the General Services Unit, the Driver/ Mechanic supports the General Services Manager (GSM) in the areas of procurement, property management and logistics.
Detailed job description is available upon email request.
- Secondary school diploma;
- 5 years of driving experience; 2 years of experience working with foreigners;
- Level 2 English language proficiency and Level 4 Armenian language proficiency according to the Interagency Language Roundtable: http://www.govtilr.org/;
- A valid Armenian Driver's License (new requirement: must have B/C/D category);
- Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles;
- Knowledge of primary and secondary Armenian roadways;
- Ability to read maps;
- Basic working knowledge of vehicle maintenance and mechanics;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to lift and move supplies and equipment;
- Ability to pass a background check conducted by the United States Embassy;
- Ability to operate some office equipment: computer, copiers, printers, cameras, cell phone, satellite phone, GPS, etc.
- Technical degree in Mechanics or a related field;
- Professional driving experience as a Public Transportation Driver, Courier Services, etc.;
- Working experience with foreigners;
- Level 2 English language proficiency is required (higher language proficiency is desired); Russian language skills are also helpful;
- Other administrative skills such as scheduling, courier, clerical, etc.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position title ("Driver/ Mechanic") in the subject line. Alternatively, candidates may drop off applications to a Contracting Officer at 33 Charents Street, Yerevan 0025, Armenia. Applications must include:
- A Cover Letter in English language that describes your qualifications;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae in English language;
- The names and contact information in English language (phone and email) of at least 3 references who are familiar with your work;
- Copy of valid drivers' license (B/C/D category).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, note that the deadline for receiving applications is 15 February 2019 or until a suitable candidate is hired.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 30 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 February 2019, 5 p.m.
ABOUT: US Peace Corps Armenia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
This announcement has been retrieved 1030 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.