|UWC Dilijan College|
TITLE: Primary School Teacher
START DATE/ TIME: August 2019
DURATION: 1 year, with possible extension
LOCATION: Dilijan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: UWC Dilijan College is looking for a Primary School Teacher. To be a successful Primary School Teacher, the incumbent will need an enthusiasm to inspire young minds and a commitment to ensuring that every child achieves their potential. He/ she will develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. He/ she will facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with pupils and by own organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment. The Primary School Teacher's role is to develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude. He/ she will assess and record progress as part of the daily work, and in summative tests. The incumbent will link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, challenging and inspiring pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Teach all areas of the primary curriculum;
- Take responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils;
- Organize the classroom and learning resources and create displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- Plan, prepare and present lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Prepare and mark work to facilitate positive pupil development;
- Ensure progression through assessment and record pupils' development;
- Involve parents in the education of their children and provide feedback on progress;
- Cooperate with colleagues to plan and coordinate work;
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Organize and take part in school events, outings and activities;
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure health and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Team worker;
- Master's degree in Education or a related student service area;
- Proven successful experience of working with children;
- Experience in education is an advantage;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proficiency in English language;
- Ability to work in an international setting;
- Understanding of and sympathy with residential education;
- Willingness to fully integrate into the life of a boarding school.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their CV and a cover letter in English language to: Careers@UWCDilijan.org indicating the position title ("Primary School Teacher") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 31 January 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: UWC Dilijan College, officially represented by Dilijan International School of Armenia Foundation, is a member of 17 United World College schools and colleges. UWC Dilijan is an international coeducational boarding school for students from over 80 countries. It first opened its doors in August 2014 for 16 to 18-year–old students, offering globally regarded education, underpinned by a generous scholarship program for bright students with diverse backgrounds from all over the world. For more information, please visit: www.uwcdilijan.org.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: UWC Dilijan College will provide the incumbent with:
- Free, furnished accommodation;
- Free, daily meals at the UWC Dilijan College dining-room for him/ her and the spouse/ partner and dependent children;
- Medical insurance package;
- Access to the campus sports amenities.
This announcement has been retrieved 931 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.