|Teach For Armenia Educational Foundation|
TITLE: Impact Director
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Impact Director will lead Teach For Armenia's efforts to monitor and measure impact at all levels: student, participant, alumni, and community, in a way that is aligned to the Organization's theory of change, demonstrates progress towards intended outcomes and impact, provides useful data for reflection and decision-making, and enables external communication of impact. The Impact Director's work will primarily focus on leading and evolving Teach For Armenia's monitoring and evaluation strategy, while ensuring that the Organization has the tools in place to effectively monitor and measure progress across all program levels, and teams across the Organization have the relevant data and support to make decisions. Additionally, the role will begin to develop Teach For Armenia's research capacity, enabling Teach For Armenia to disseminate its expertise and contribute to the education discourse and priorities in Armenia. The breakdown of time spent on each category and priorities within the scope of work will change as the Organization evolves.
Lead and evolve Teach For Armenia's monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy (30%):
- Lead the development of Teach For Armenia's monitoring and evaluation strategy aligned with the Organization's Theory of Problem, Theory of Change and Logic Model;
- Evolve the draft monitoring and evaluation framework in collaboration with programmatic teams;
- Develop strategies and solutions for operationalizing the strategy and framework, including collaboration mechanisms across teams.
Develop tools to monitor and measure students, participant, alumni and community-level outcomes (30%):
- Develop or adapt measurement tools for student academic and non-academic outcomes aligned with student vision;
- Support programmatic teams (i.e. Alumni, Regional Partnerships, Leadership and Development, Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation) in developing tools to measure participant and alumni outcomes, as well as community-level outcomes;
- Lead external validation process and engagement with relevant institutions to ensure tools are reliable and valid.
Enable Teach For Armenia to reflect on data and evidence across its theory of change and communicate progress externally (30%):
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to support programmatic teams in identifying trends and issues;
- Enable team and org-wide reflection and data-driven decision making by providing guidance for data reflections and facilitating conversations;
- Support external facing teams (Development, Public Affairs) to incorporate relevant data and evidence of progress in external communications and reports.
Start developing research capacity of Teach For Armenia (10%):
- Begin developing a strategy to ensure that Teach For Armenia is able to start leveraging and contributing to research, allowing it to:
a) Begin conducting internal research projects to further understand progress and impact on key questions;
b) Contribute to the education discourse and influence broader education strategies and efforts through disseminating expertise and impact;
c) Contribute to programmatic teams efforts in creating new products and strategies (i.e. experimental curriculum, teaching, and learning approaches) by ensuring expertise and best practices from external research are considered.
- Master's degree in Education Assessment/ Measurement or related fields with 2-3 years of experience, or bachelor's degree with 4-5 years of related experience, specifically in creating measurement/ assessment tools for student academic and non-academic outcomes;
- Proven expertise in developing monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks, including logic model development, defining indicators and establishing systems for data collection and reflection;
- Experience in coaching others to implement measurement tools and collect data, as well as strengthen data culture across the organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages, both oral and written; good knowledge of Russian language is strongly desired;
- Ability to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data, and familiarity with data analysis tools, i.e. Excel;
- Experience in facilitating data reflections;
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to analyze a problem or opportunity and identify appropriate strategies;
- Ability to operate with urgency and sense of possibility to achieve ambitious goals;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short timelines;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Team working and collaboration skills.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive, based on the previous experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, all qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV and a letter of interest with indication of their motivation to apply, as well as relevant skills and expertise for the position in English language through the following link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=20 by the deadline. Early applications are encouraged. The vacancy will be closed once the suitable candidate is selected, even before the deadline of application submission.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 February 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 04 March 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Teach For Armenia (TFA) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Armenia's most promising future leaders in its mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an excellent education. Participants in the program, known as Fellows, serve as full-time teachers for two years in high-need schools across Armenia, and commit to transforming the education outcomes of less-privileged schoolchildren through significantly improving their achievements, affect and access. In the long term, Teach For Armenia Alumni will form a different class of leaders, working in various sectors to expand educational opportunity for all children in Armenia. To date, Teach For Armenia has recruited over 100 Fellows across 4 cohorts. It aims to grow this number aggressively given the scale and urgency of education inequity. Starting from 2017 Teach for Armenia also piloted the Leadership Development Program in Artsakh and in April 2018 officially launched representative office in Stepanakert.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Apart from being qualified for the job, TFA needs someone who shares its vision and mission and is aligned with its Core Values: Striving for Excellence, Constant Learning and Growth, Dedication and Resilience, Integrity and Humility. These Core Values are a vital component of the Organization's culture to ensure long-term and sustainable success, and therefore they are viewed as an important component for the selection of new team members and Fellows. TFA collaborative working environment ensures abundant opportunities for the incumbent to expand his/ her network and learning opportunities with other team members, fellows, corporate partners, the Ministry of Education, other education stakeholders, as well as other like-minded individuals from the Teach For All network partners in over 40 countries. While the compensation package is fair and competitive, TFA does not expect this to be the key reason for joining the Company. After all, TFA is not just offering a job; they are looking for a like-minded leader to grow with them and help them in their mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an education that unlocks their true potential.
This announcement has been retrieved 933 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.