People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia
TITLE: Media and Communication Officer
TERM: Full-time (100% workload)
START DATE/ TIME: March 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: People in Need (PIN) Armenia is looking for a candidate for the position of Media and Communication (M&C) Officer. The incumbent will be responsible for leading all visibility and communications activities of People in Need projects in Syunik and Shirak, explaining and promoting the projects to a diverse set of external audiences and through a variety of different media. The M&C Officer will work closely with program teams and regional service contractor (journalists) in PIN Armenia offices as well as PIN's Communication and Advocacy Department at HQ in Prague. The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create, monitor and update communication and visibility strategies of projects;
- Liaise with the project donors and other high level stakeholders and partners;
- Ensure appropriate visibility of projects in fulfillment of donor requirements;
- Conduct trainings, where necessary, on communication and visibility related topics.
- Produce quality printed materials for meetings, events and public distribution;
- Build and maintain network of local media contacts;
- Facilitate outreach to national media, handling inbound media requests and proactively pitching PIN and its partners' work;
- Organize media tours and press visits of journalists (regional and national) and donor representatives;
- Support preparation and organization of events and ensure appropriate media coverage;
- Conduct interviews, write articles and create engaging content for dissemination in English, Armenia and Russian languages (in case of need);
- Coordinate with project partners to collect and produce quality photos and promotional materials.
- Create content for, manage and promote PIN projects on online communication platforms such as: a dedicated website, online forums and social media;
- Manage and promote PIN Armenia social media channels.
- At least 2 years of media/ communication/ journalism experience;
- Proven ability to use social media and web-based platforms;
- Experience in the NGO field, with focus on civil society and economic development is desirable;
- Experience/ skills in working with communities;
- Proven experience and good knowledge of office administration processes and techniques.
- University degree in a related field;
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to write engaging content for different audiences, liaise with journalists and respond to media inquiries;
- Planning and organizing skills: ability to plan own work and manage priorities;
- Management skills: ability to manage the project communication and visibility components;
- Teamwork skills: good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Fluent listening, reading, writing and speaking skills in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is a plus;
- Technology awareness: demonstrated experience with MS Office suite application, particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; social media skills are an advantage;
- Photography and videography skills are strongly desired.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, level ranging between 250,000 AMD - 350,000 AMD net/ month depending on candidate's experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates must submit the following:
- A Cover letter (in English language);
- A Full CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading "Media and Communication Officer". Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. Please refrain from phone calls.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 February 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27 February 2019, COB
ABOUT COMPANY: People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/ Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. People in Need has been working in Armenia since 2003 and has offices in Yerevan, Goris and Amasia.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Benefits include 60% subsidy for voluntary health insurance.
This announcement has been retrieved 981 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.