|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: General Counsel
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST is looking for a highly qualified General Counsel to provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues, as well as anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Foundation. Moreover, the candidate will develop and recommend organization policy and position on legal issues.
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Foundation's matters;
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local and state governmental bodies (including close interactions with the Commission on Coordination of Charitable Programs of Republic of Armenia), legislatures and the community at large;
- Draft and review contracts, corporate resolutions, legal opinions, and other legal documents;
- Advise the Board of Trustees, the CEO and other senior officers on a variety of issues;
- Participate in the formulation of general management policy;
- Manage a team of Legal Counsel and other members of the Legal Department;
- Provide advice on different projects implemented by the Foundation;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and organization policies;
- Work with the Public Policy team on legal issues related to the Government's reforms in the area of Foundation's activities, drafting policies and regulations.
- Master's degree in Law;
- At least 5 years of experience in a law firm or as an in-house legal adviser, preferably in a managerial position;
- Experience in complex legal research and in providing competent legal advice to management personnel and board members;
- Admission to practice law in Armenia;
- Excellent command of Armenian civil law, with a focus on corporate law, contract law, real estate law, financial law and Intellectual Property, and relevant practice;
- Ability to identify significant legal exposures for the Foundation while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them;
- Experience in working with startups and understanding of issues pertaining to venture capital is a strong advantage;
- Experience in dealing with Public-Private Partnerships is preferred;
- Excellent command of English, Armenian and Russian languages, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Good team player and high degree of professional ethics.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position ("General Counsel") in the subject line of the e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 February 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This announcement has been retrieved 695 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.