|World Vision Armenia|
TITLE: "FESCCA" Project Coordinator
DURATION: One-year contract, with possible extension to up to three years
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The "FESCCA" (Family Environment and Services in Communities for Children of Armenia) Project Coordinator will be responsible for liaising with the designated line ministry and the project partners. He/ she must have strong understanding on deinstitutionalization and inclusive education reforms in Armenia, experience in advocacy and partnership building with different stakeholders on local, regional and national levels. The Project Coordinator is aiming to contribute to the achievement of project goals and objectives, to ensure quality standards that are set in advance, to monitor and evaluate the project activities ensuring better accountability of the Project implemented by World Vision Armenia.
- Support the Project Manager to coordinate the work with World Vision partners (on inclusive education component) to implement the project efficiently, as well as support World Vision Area Programs to coordinate the project activities within the community;
- Support the organization of capacity building events for World Vision partners and Area Program staff;
- Support the Project Manager to organize and coordinate meetings with project implementation parties (the Ministry of Education and Science, implementing partner responsible for inclusive education component of the program and respective institutions) to give feedback, to ensure information sharing, to reveal the challenges and give joint solutions to the problems;
- Develop various financial and administrative papers required for project implementation;
- Support the development/ translation and publication of project related materials;
- In coordination with the Project Manager conduct monitoring visits to the project sites to ensure project implementation compliance with quality standards and overall sector strategy and national strategy;
- Ensure collection, compilation and timely submission of project reports.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field;
- Strong understanding of inclusive education and deinstitutionalization reforms;
- 2 years of experience of working in both international and local companies/ NGOs/ institutions;
- 2 years of experience of working in a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of English, Armenian and Russian languages;
- Analytical approach to work;
- Organizational and coordination skills;
- Negotiating skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30 % of the time.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by registering at: https://tinyurl.com/FESCCA-Project-Coordinator and/ or sending their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please, indicate the position title ("FESCCA Project Coordinator") in the subject line of the email. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 February 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 February 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. We pursue life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. World Vision Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. Area Programs are focused on promoting child well-being through community participation and ownership.
ABOUT: FESCCA Project (Family Environment and Services in Communities for Children of Armenia) will propose actions for bringing system solutions to protection of child rights in Armenia. The overall objective of FESCCA Project is to contribute to the establishment of community-based quality care and social support for children in Armenia. The action is designed in line with EU Guidelines on the "Promotion and Protection of the Rights of the Child", and it supports RA Government to implement the UN Convention on the "Rights of the Child" for all children, including the most marginalized ones. FESCCA Project will be implemented in 5 targeted marzes (Armavir, Kotayk, Lori, Shirak and Syunik).
This announcement has been retrieved 1224 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.