TERM: Full-time, in shifts for a total of 6 days a week
START DATE/ TIME: June 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: A.B.Med LLC is looking for a Nurse to work in the core laboratory as part of a team with Medical Technologists. The incumbent is responsible for handling and processing blood specimens and body fluids including: accessioning, centrifugation, decapping, loading of instrument cassettes and routing specimens to the appropriate area. The Nurse is also responsible to accurately log specimens into the laboratory information system. He/she provides a variety of office functions including: scanning, filing, faxing and mailing patient reports. He/she will work effectively with customers to answer laboratory related questions in a timely manner to ensure the best patient care. Besides he/she is responsible for data entry and retrieval. The incumbent will report to the Laboratory Manager.
- Receive calls. Transmit results for all laboratory testing to the appropriate healthcare team members on request to ensure that the laboratory fulfills the mission of providing excellent patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality;
- Demonstrate good customer service by answering the phone within 3 rings with name, department, and 'May I help you?'; always ask permission of caller to be placed on hold;
- Retrieve and report patient data, current and archived, using appropriate medical terminology. Be familiar with medical terminology in all areas of laboratory medicine, and offer assistance to others;
- Using all the available resources, independently resolve phone inquiries within scope of expertise, recognizing when issues should be referred to technical or supervisory staff. Increase scope of expertise and serve as a resource to others;
- Appropriately assist in critical value phone calls to ensure minimal delays in reporting clinically significant results. Provide appropriate documentation of notification of physicians, nurses, or other designated personnel;
- Adhere to laboratory policies governing confidentiality and legal issues. Document the release of patient information to the appropriate requester as per laboratory policy;
- Ensure appropriate coverage of the phones at all times. Effectively manage and prioritize telecommunications by organizing workload to ensure 100% phone coverage. Be able to handle multiple phone calls effectively;
- Recognize that the telephones are used for business purposes only and that personal phone calls should be for emergencies.
- College level education. Associate degree is desired;
- Knowledge of Armenian and Russian languages; knowledge of German or English language is desired;
- 2-3 years of experience working as a Lab Aide;
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures of laboratory medicine as it relates to maintaining quality, safety and ethical work practices;
- Strict adherence to all safety policies.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 200,000 AMD (Net)
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are asked to send their CV to: email@example.com .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 26 April 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 May 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: To find information about A.B.Med LLC, please visit: www.abmed.am.
This announcement has been retrieved 395 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.