The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Event Specialist
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for an experienced, motivated and dynamic Event Specialist who will be responsible for organizing and coordinating Tumo's events.
- Oversee and organize conferences, festivals, exhibitions and other events at Tumo from initiation to closing phases;
- Coordinate and schedule the set-up of technical/ logistical requirements for the events, and do the testing to make sure that the equipment is working properly prior to the event;
- Properly communicate with all the staff members involved in the events’ team or are somehow influenced by the event;
- Follow up and make sure that the announcements about the Events are posted on time, foster the advertisement of the events;
- Make sure that the venue of the event is cleaned up before and after the event;
- Rent needed audiovisual equipment and other supplies necessary;
- Close out all the events as required and write reports;
- Monitor and evaluate events;
- Follow up and make sure that all the paperwork (contracts, invoices) are prepared on time;
- Provide assistance to other staff members in organizing events;
- Serve as liaison between the events/ and Tumo students to make sure that Tumo students are involved;
- Design and initiate events for Tumo students.
- University degree from a leading institution of higher education, preferably in the field of Management;
- At least 2 years of work experience in event organization and coordination;
- Knowledge of Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Organizational skills and creativity in problem solving;
- Ability to work well both independently and as the team member of a large workforce;
- Ability to regularly insure high work productivity;
- Flexibility with scheduled hours;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://tumo.zohorecruit.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=u.rnQc4UNejmegSKhdVYvDs6KCE48sKH7u7zcz4uEt0-&embedsource=CareerSite .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 30 April 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 May 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 1152 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.