The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Junior System Administrator
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic specialist who is comfortable experimenting with new technologies to start a career as a Junior System Administrator in Tumo Center for Creative Technologies.
- Assist senior systems administrators in their daily task;
- Oversee load balancing operations;
- Oversee MySQL and Mongo database systems;
- Oversee Back-up operations
- Research advanced Cloud operations;
- Fulfill other job-related tasks and requests;
- Provide support to the Tumo Center's staff and members while performing their duties and tasks;
- Work closely with other departments to make sure their hardware and software requests are met;
- Willingness to take initiatives and propose new technologies to better support the long-term and short-term goals of the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies.
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows Server 2012 environments;
- Basic knowledge of virtualization systems; experience with ESXi is a plus;
- Basic knowledge of network monitoring systems;
- Basic knowledge of scripting concepts;
- Full understanding of workstation support and diagnosis procedures both hardware and software;
- Familiarity with both Windows and MacOS environments;
- Willingness to research and learn additional details about the current IT infrastructure of the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies;
- Goof team player.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://tinyurl.com/Tumo-Junior-System-Administrat.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 30 April 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 May 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 586 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.