The World Bank Yerevan Office
TITLE: Project Administrator for EU4Innovation Project
START DATE/ TIME: May 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The World Bank Yerevan Office is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Project Administrator for EU4Innovation Project who will perform administrative tasks and facilitate functions, such as work plan preparation, financial management, procurement and necessary EU visibility requirements relating to the work of the STEM Technical Committee.
- Provide high level coordination and organizational support to the Project Task Team comprised of representatives from the Ministry of Education and Science and the World Bank;
- Agree on details of facilitation of activities, procurement of materials, development and dissemination of Project products and reports, event planning and other necessary activities;
- Design and develop documents, such as Expressions of Interest, Terms of References, and other technical background documents as required for the implementation of the EU4Innovation activities;
- Design and develop databases to support Project activities;
- Follow-up on tasks related to the curriculum revision as requested by the STEM Technical Committee, such as keeping track of the tasks/ content to be delivered by sub-committees, for progress reports, submission of reports and recent data on the Project, and taking minutes at meetings;
- Organize the logistics of the activities financed by the EU4Innovation Project;
- Interact with all parties (MOES, NIE, WB, EU) to coordinate the work;
- Coordinate with counterparts and Armenian colleagues and manage the logistics of the planned retreats, workshops, training, important meetings/ missions, and other project-related events;
- Follow EU Communication and Visibility Guidelines for EU-funded projects in Armenia and ensure visibility through EU-branded promotional items at Project events;
- Help the Project Leads plan for the implementation of the STEM pilot;
- Maintain regular communication with the task team in Washington, D.C. and with the Armenian counterparts and task team regarding progress and findings;
- Support the STEM TC and all sub-committees by preparing contracts, arranging space rentals, tickets, coordinating translation and overseeing document organization;
- Keep and maintain records for Project implementation;
- Assist in coordination and monitoring of Project activities and budgets;
- Keep track of costs and expenses of the day-to-day operation of the BETF; including maintaining up-to-date financial statements including appropriate supporting evidence of invoices and receipts for payments;
- Assist in project and event planning and implementation with preparation of budgets of different activities according to the needs;
- Support the Task Team Leader in the contracting of institutions and consultants;
- Conduct field visits as necessary;
- Conduct other activities deemed as necessary within the framework of the Project.
- Higher education in Economics, Finance or Management;
- At least 7 years of professional administrative experience, prior experience in the financial management and procurement;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experience in the organization of events;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to function in a team environment and to work with end-users, clients, vendors and other internal staff;
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint and/ or Access;
- Excellent knowledge of English language; verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Preparedness to travel in the country;
- Availability to work from May 2019 and onward.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV and motivation letter in English language to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title ("Project Administrator for EU4Innovation Project") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 03 May 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 May 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The World Bank supports the Ministry of Education and Science (MoES) in implementing the EU4Innovation task funded by the European Union. The Project is designed to improve the quality of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education in general education in the pilot region(s) of Armenia. Furthermore, the results of the pilot will be rolled out throughout Armenia by the Ministry of Education and Science (MoES) to improve the quality of secondary education in Armenia. The Project aims to support MoES in redeveloping the curricula, associated pedagogical materials, textbooks, teachers' guides, and selected exams or examinations blueprints for STEM subjects in grades 5-12, using contemporary methods and technologies, as well as strengthening the National Institute of Education.
This announcement has been retrieved 2453 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.