TITLE: Senior Back End Engineer, Machine Learning Team
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Experienced Back End Engineers
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: PicsArt is looking for a Senior Back End Engineer to join its Machine Learning (ML) Team. The incumbent will be responsible for moving data science code to production by developing scalable, maintainable and high performance solutions. He/ she will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark;
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery;
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality;
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day;
- Write backend code according to business needs and priorities;
- Work alongside the Backend Team, App Developers and Product Owners to deliver value and improve processes;
- Stay up-to-date on the latest relevant technology tools and trends;
- Proactively work around road-blocks and communicate status and issues.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar business intelligence, data engineering, data analysis or data visualization role;
- University degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline;
- At least 2 years of experience in building scalable RESTful web services;
- Interest in machine learning;
- Sound grasp on OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms;
- Excellent knowledge of Java and working knowledge of Python;
- Knowledge of how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, and systems such as Hadoop, HDFS, and Parquete;
- Knowledge about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques;
- Appreciation of data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation;
- Good knowledge of relational or non-relational databases; experience with MongoDB, Redis is a plus;
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts or frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pandas;
- Familiarity with Spark and ML Algorithms; experience with Spark is desirable;
- Knowledge of CI/CD is a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins);
- Understanding of the value of partnership within teams;
- Excellent problem solver and communicator.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates who meet the requirements listed above are welcome to apply by following the link: https://picsart.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=95. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 May 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 June 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: PicsArt is a photo and video editing app, powered by a creative community of more than 120 million monthly active users and influencers. PicsArt is available in 30 languages and can be downloaded on iOS, Android, or Windows. It is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Armenia, Los Angeles, Beijing and an AI lab in Moscow.
This announcement has been retrieved 379 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.