START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Ecoland LLC is looking for a Lawyer who will be responsible for representing the Company in civil litigation and other legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, and manage or advise the Company on legal transactions.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies;
- Represent the interests of clients in legal proceedings;
- Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation;
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial;
- Interview claimants to get information related to legal proceedings;
- Meet with individuals involved in legal processes to provide information and clarify issues;
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses;
- Provide legal advice to clients;
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases;
- Research relevant legal materials to aid decision making;
- Identify implications for cases from legal precedents or other legal information;
- Present and summarize cases to judges and juries;
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal;
- Prepare documentation of legal proceedings;
- Prepare legal documents;
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents;
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit;
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases;
- Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations;
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case;
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes;
- Arbitrate disputes between parties to resolve legal conflicts;
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts;
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings;
- Supervise legal assistants;
- Supervise activities of other legal personnel;
- Probate wills and represent and advise executors and administrators of estates;
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law;
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership;
- Evaluate information related to legal matters in public or personal records;
- Act as agent, trustee, guardian, or executor for businesses or individuals;
- Help develop federal and state programs, draft and interpret laws and legislation, and establish enforcement procedures;
- Draft legislation or regulations;
- Work in environmental law, representing public interest groups, waste disposal companies, or construction firms in their dealings with state and federal agencies.
- Higher education in the relevant field; master's degree is an advantage;
- At least 3 years of experience in law;
- Advocacy Activity License;
- Experience in corporate and judge field;
- Ability to work under pressure, and work overtime, if required;
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Proficiency in Armenian, Russian and English languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title ("Lawyer") in the subject line of the email. The candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 May 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 06 June 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Ecoland LLC is a greenhouse complex in Dzoraxbyur which started its activity in 2013.
This announcement has been retrieved 849 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.