|Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH|
TITLE: Technical Professional
START DATE/ TIME: 01 June 2019
DURATION: 01 June 2019 - 31 November 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: GIZ is looking for a Technical Professional. The incumbent will be responsible for (a) implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the creation of awareness for biodiversity and ecosystem services as well as environmental education, (b) maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ (networking), (c) processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with new developments, insights, analysis along the transformation process.
Management and Coordination
- Plan and conduct project activities in close coordination with partner representatives (e.g. MoNP, EE network NGOs, regions) and carry out other activities required for implementing these components;
- Direct and coordinate the work of external consultants in carrying out their work related to environmental education and awareness raising;
- Support the design, implementation and analysis of a national Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) study on environmental issues in close coordination with team colleagues from Georgia and external consultants;
- Assist the project with all organisational and management issues;
- Help identify the needs of local partner institutions and implements capacity development measures;
- Jointly responsible with the partner institution for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities;
- Document and monitor programme progress within the frame of result-based monitoring.
Communication and Networking
- Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders;
- Represent the project in workshops and fora on environmental education and awareness raising;
- Acts as liaison to and cooperate with other GIZ projects in the region;
- Observe communication and interaction between government institutions, non-government organisations, and the local community through press evaluation, direct dialogs, participation in forums, seminars, etc.;
- Ensure knowledge management: collect, process and distribute relevant information, monitor communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars;
- Prepare media communications.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Perform other duties and tasks in coordination with management.
- University degree in an area that is related to the Environment, Social Science or Education, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA);
- At least 2 years of professional experience in environmental awareness raising or environmental education;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Strong organisational competence;
- Very good knowledge of the English language;
- Good networking, facilitation and social skills;
- Team player/ ability to cooperate with others;
- Individual initiative;
- Willingness to travel (abroad) regularly.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de . With getting the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed. If not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/1 Baghramyan Street, Yerevan. The candidates should indicate the vacancy they are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 08 May 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 May 2019
ABOUT: The biodiversity of the South Caucasus is of global importance, but the huge variety of species and the proper functioning of the ecosystems are under threat. There is considerable pressure from the exploitation of natural resources by the local population, private industry and governments. In each of the three countries of the South Caucasus - Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan - there are National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plans (NBSAPs) and initial sectoral strategies for managing biodiversity and ecosystem services. As yet, however, these are unable to withstand the challenges posed by the conflicting interests of different sectors (forestry, pasture farming, agriculture, nature conservation and tourism). There is a lack of coordination between the various state and non-state actors and population groups (e.g. shepherds and farmers). In addition, there is not enough reliable data available on the different sectors to support planning and decision-making processes.
Within the framework of the Caucasus Initiative of the German government, the programme cooperates primarily with the environment ministries of the three different countries of the South Caucasus. The programme follows a multi-level approach. At national level, it promotes the development or revision of biodiversity strategies and regulations, particularly in forest and pasture management, and in erosion control. The experience gained from the pilot measures at district, municipal and local levels are incorporated into this process. As part of these pilot measures, relevant actors are provided with the skills needed to implement integrated approaches for sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
The module objective of the programme is to promote better coordination of biodiversity and ecosystem services management across sectors on the basis of solid data. The programme comprises four areas of intervention with the following objectives: (a) instruments and coordination processes for the sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystem services at local level are tested; (b) the implementation capacity of line ministries, their subordinate bodies and of training institutions regarding the management of biodiversity and ecosystem services is improved; (c) the perception of the general public towards the importance of biodiversity and ecosystem services is more positive; (d) the regional exchange on sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystem services is improved.
IBiS follows up on the achievements of the programmes "Sustainable Management of Biodiversity, South Caucasus" and "Integrated Erosion Control in Mountainous Regions", and is due to last four years (from December 2015 to November 2019). The programme is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). For more information on the Project, please visit: https://biodivers-southcaucasus.org/.
This announcement has been retrieved 1218 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.