|Society Without Violence NGO|
TITLE: Project Coordinator
START DATE/ TIME: September 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Society Without Violence (SWV) NGO is looking for a Project Coordinator whose role is to support the development and implementation of SWV projects he/ she is assigned to. The incumbent will coordinate the projects' smooth implementation and report back to the Head of Programs on their specified projects. He/ she will provide support to the team through assessment, planning, monitoring and documentation. The post requires working closely with the team members and CEO.
- Participate in the team discussions for the development of specific projects within SWV;
- Share within the team the lessons and knowledge of thematic approaches, trainings attended, particularly experience on civil society strengthening within NGO sector;
- Take responsibility on implementation of the project activities according to the project timeline;
- Provide guidance and support to the project and the staff members involved in assessing the context and needs, in planning and implementing activities, and in monitoring and preparing narrative and financial reports;
- Assist in the design and delivery of training and other support activities within other projects;
- Support the organization and facilitation of events (meetings, workshops, training and seminars) with participation of civil society network, project partner and the team;
- Support and contribute to researches undertaken by SWV and project partners and contract based experts;
- Prepare project reports;
- Help develop appropriate advocacy strategies in co-operation with project partners and the team;
- Communicate with public sector on specific issues to foster the implementation of project goals;
- Get involved in coalitions and associations fostering cooperation with CSO partners;
- Monitor and analyze the official and non-governmental debates on issues relevant to the project;
- Prepare relevant articles for the website about their project implementation;
- Prepare estimates for budgeted activities;
- Monitor budgets and expenditure;
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation tasks;
- Take on other administrative tasks as assigned by the CEO, such as updating the database, taking minutes, translating documents and assisting with logistics for travel;
- Lead, support and develop SWV staff ensuring effective systems are in place for project implementation, project budget accountability, project monitoring, review and evaluation;
- Represent SWV in workshops, training and interactions organized by partner organizations, donors.
- Educational background in Political Science, Human Rights, International Law, Public Policy and related disciplines;
- At least 1 year of experience in the NGO sector in global human rights and ideally women's rights movements;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages, both written and spoken;
- Analytical skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Good written and oral communication and negotiation skills;
- Positive problem-solving approach;
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the initial deadlines;
- IT proficiency including knowledge of MS Office, website content management software, and ability to learn new software.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and a motivation letter to: email@example.com indicating the position title ("Project Coordinator") in the subject line of the email. The Company is thankful to all the candidates, but only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 16 July 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Society Without Violence NGO was founded in 2001. Since its establishment the organization is implementing projects focused on women's empowerment, young girls' public awareness and participation raise, promotion of social activism and leadership skills as well as contribution to the formation of women human rights defenders' institutional system.
SWV has 4 main pillars: gender education, women in politics, anti-discrimination, women's economic emancipation. For more information about the Organization, please visit: http://swv.am/index.php/en/who-we-are/about-us.
This announcement has been retrieved 1904 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.