|Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)|
TITLE: National Agricultural/ Irrigation Expert
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: VA/FEARM/2019/006
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individuals only
DURATION: 35 days on a when actually employed basis until 31 December 2019 (subject to possible extension)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for Armenia, the managerial supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Armenia and technical supervision of the Agricultural Officer (REU) and in collaboration with the other international and national consultants of the "Enhancing Human Security in the Communities of Armenia" Project, the National Expert will perform works in close collaboration with the staff of other UN agencies, project beneficiaries, stakeholders, partners and other project staff.
- Coordinate all the activities implemented under FAO component of the Project;
- With other national experts identify and select pilot farms for demonstration, based on submitted applications and developed requirements;
- Identify potentially viable technologies and/ or practices, including advanced irrigation technologies for the purpose of field testing/ demonstration on pilot sites;
- Identify the necessary equipment, including irrigation equipment and tools in terms of usage, availability for implementation of demonstration fields; identify sustainable and appropriate production technologies as well as Good Agricultural Practices;
- Prepare terms of references for procurement of necessary supplies to be installed at demonstration sites;
- Support in evaluating the technical offers received and selection of service providers;
- With the assistance of project experts identify the needs for farmers and farmers groups in terms of technical services and training programs and develop training modules and training materials;
- Provide on-job trainings to the farmers;
- Provide support to respective international consultants and FAO officers engaged in assignments in the country; prepare briefing kits and background materials;
- Perform any other job-related duties.
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering with graduate studies or specialization in Irrigation Infrastructure or related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably with international and national organizations;
- At east 5 years of experience in training material development and training delivery, including training of trainers;
- Developed skills in capacity building, extension methods and skills transfer;
- Good knowledge in agriculture extension services and sustainable agriculture production;
- Working knowledge of Armenian and English languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: In order to apply, please create an online profile based on the guidelines: http://www.fao.org/3/CA0378EN/ca0378en.PDF . Please send the PDF profile with a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the vacancy announcement code ("VA/FEARM/2019/006") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 July 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The Republic of Armenia became a member of FAO in 1993, and FAO's office in Armenia was established in Yerevan in 2004. Since joining, Armenia has received FAO's support in implementing various development and emergency projects aimed at increasing agricultural productivity and improving the country's food security.
ABOUT: The "Enhancing Human Security in the Communities of Armenia" Project is funded by UN Trust Fund for Human Security and implemented by six UN Agencies in Armenia for strengthening community resilience, social protection and inclusiveness for improved human security and address the economic and food insecurity in the target communities through strengthened livelihoods, creation of sustainable economic opportunities, specific gender-transformative approach, capacity building and environmental friendly activities.
This announcement has been retrieved 1032 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.