|International Republican Institute (IRI)|
TITLE: Senior Program Manager (SPM)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: International Republican Institute is looking for a Senior Program Manager (SPM). The incumbent will be tasked with conducting governance related capacity building activities in the Parliament and Government. The SPM is the lead member of the program team composed of the Program Officer (Executive Branch), Program Officer (Parliament), M&E Specialist and Program Associate. The SPM will assist the Resident Program Director (RPD) in the management and implementation of all project activities and ensure that expenditures remain within budget allocations.
- Assist the RPD in supervising the Program team and assist the RPD in the overall planning, management and implementation of project activities, both within the Parliament and Executive Branch programs;
- Work closely with the RPD to monitor field office budgets and expenses, in collaboration with DC program staff and the Field Accountant, to ensure that expenditures remain within budget allocations;
- Maintain an understanding of donor and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight;
- Understand the substantive, financial and compliance requirements of the grants;
- Contribute, edit and proofread programmatic reports, and other documents as assigned by RPD;
- In coordination with the Program Officer (Executive Branch), liaise with government officials, other elected and appointed officials, donors and civil society organizations regarding project activities and programs;
- In coordination with the Program Officer (Parliament), liaise with political parties, parliamentary committees, elected officials, donors and civil society organizations regarding project activities and programs;
- Work within the Program team to ensure that the M&E Specialist receives substantial content and data on project activities;
- Represent IRI Armenia at various events, such as meetings with donors and at IRI seminars;
- In the absence of the RPD, lead the IRI Armenia office;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by RPD.
- Master's degree in Management, Political Science, Law or another relevant field;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- At least 7 years of experience in implementing projects, preferably in the field of democratic governance.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Commensurate with experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested parties are requested to send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title ("Senior Program Manager (SPM)") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 31 July 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Established in April 1983, IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process, including women and youth.
This announcement has been retrieved 879 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.