Armenian Missionary Association of America (AMAA Armenia), Armenian Branch
TITLE: Development Specialist
START DATE/ TIME: 01 September 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: AMAA Armenia is looking for a Development Specialist (DS). The incumbent will report directly to the AMAA Armenia Representative (AR). The DS is responsible for annually raising a pre-established amount for ongoing programs. Working closely with the AR, the DS will cultivate and implement a strategy to raise funds for AMAA Armenia programs. The fund-raising efforts will be carried out in Armenia, the CIS and other countries. The responsibilities of the DS will include, but not be limited to designing giving opportunity packages; forging relationships with potential donors, presenting them with giving opportunities towards soliciting gifts; and organizing fund-raising events. The Development Specialist should be familiar with the history, mission and Christian values of AMAA Armenia and be enthusiastic about its programs.
- Develop and implement a strategy to raise funds for AMAA Armenia programs in Armenia, the CIS and other countries;
- Manage strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations;
- Establish and manage a donor database and all related records;
- Review existing programs and devise giving opportunity packages;
- Forge and nurture relationships with potential donors, including former beneficiaries, presenting them with giving opportunities and soliciting gifts;
- Organize fund-raising events and activities;
- Research grant opportunities. Apply for and secure grants for existing and new programs;
- Contribute to the preparation and production of all fundraising related literature, promotional and direct mailings components, as well as all internet-based communications;
- Express verbal and in-writing appreciation to donors, along with corresponding reports and information packages;
- Create management reports relative to the functions mentioned herein;
- Meet all fundraising targets, timelines and income projections;
- Periodically evaluate performance identifying and implementing improvement opportunities;
- Continuously improve the skills necessary for the job;
- Produce regular progress reports on activities to AR;
- Closely explore (visit, investigate the target groups) the programs and services for funds need to be raised.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree is preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising;
- Proven success in soliciting individuals, foundations and corporate donors;
- Proven ability to organize, establish objectives and priorities and achieve goals;
- Proficient knowledge of Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Superb written, verbal and computer skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Patience and courteous treatment of potential donor;
- Commitment to the highest Christian values;
- Hard-working person with commitment and enthusiasm;
- Life-long learner;
- Team player.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified and interested candidates are welcome to send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please, mention the position title ("Development Specialist") in the subject line of the email. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: The principal mission of AMAA Armenia is the promotion of the Armenian people's welfare. The Organization strives to help them improve their lives by providing financial, medical, educational, cultural, and employment assistance.
This announcement has been retrieved 1074 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.