|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Senior Research Analyst
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: FAST Foundation is looking for a Senior Research Analyst. The candidate will be responsible for strategic planning, science and technology policy research, program conceptualization and design, impact assessment, and organizational development. The position requires quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting skills. The incumbent will have an understanding of hard and soft sciences, higher education, funding and investments, as well as of market drivers and policy interventions in science, technology, and innovation processes. Additional competencies include knowledge of statistical analysis software. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. He/ she will be able to lead and implement projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail. In this position the candidate will recommend actions based on the gathered data/ facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent will carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses will be used to assist the Organization in planning and decision making.
- Develop research protocol while utilizing best practices in research design, data collection and data analysis;
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts;
- Do formative evaluation, ex ante and ex post impact assessment in the fields of science, technology, and innovation;
- Conduct data collection, database creation, sophisticated data analysis;
- Conduct monitoring and impact evaluation, strategic planning, and STI policy research;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, dashboards and Business Intelligence reports, other articles, reports and presentations;
- Prepare materials for senior management review;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in STEM or Social Sciences with strong quantitative background; PhD is preferred;
- At least 2 years of recent experience in an applied research/ data management environment;
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, run mathematical models;
- General knowledge of the main fields and subfields of STEM;
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates who meet the requirements, are encouraged to send their CV to: email@example.com . Please, indicate the title of the position ("Senior Research Analyst") in the subject line of the e-mail.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 02 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
This announcement has been retrieved 577 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.