"Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO
TITLE: Accounting Expert for Business Incubator, "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population" (IRIS) Programme
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested specialists
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO and "SME Cooperation Association" NGO are seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic about economic growth and entrepreneurship for the position of Accounting Expert for the Business Incubator (BI) in the framework of EU funded "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population" (IRIS) Programme. The ideal candidate should be an experienced accountant with strong organizational and communication skills, with prior experience in providing accountancy services to a wide range of companies, and skilled in training and coaching of startups on accounting issues. The BI Accounting Expert will be responsible for providing consultancy, training and coaching to BI residents (start-ups) on all kind of accounting and reporting related issues and will support the monitoring and follow-up of the turnover of the revolving fund and grants. The BI Accounting Expert will work in close collaboration with BI Project Manager (BI PM), AC IRIS Accountant and other BI experts (legal, financial, operational and marketing). He/ she will report to the immediate supervisor: Project Manager of BI.
- Provide ongoing advice on accountancy-related issues to the selected start-ups, making sure that their accounting operations are in compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Work in close collaboration with other experts to develop and deliver trainings for the Programme participants and BI residents on accountancy related issues; draft information brochures and provide continuous accounting consultancy and coaching to start-ups throughout the processes of pre-incubation and business incubation;
- Support the start-ups to understand the basics of bookkeeping, local accounting rules and regulations, reporting standards, online tax system, and support in timely submission of all required reports;
- Develop financial reports' templates for the supported start-ups;
- Make sure that the start-ups' accounting processes and reporting procedures are of adequate quality;
- Provide ongoing support in understanding and interpreting financial data; in close collaboration with the Financial Expert support the preparation of financial statements and other relevant documents;
- Support the AC Accountant and Programme Assistant in monitoring the grants and non-interest loan repayments;
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending trainings and/ or courses as directed;
- Report to the BI PM; liaise with the AC and SME programme management, AC Accountant and if required with overall AutRC Programme management;
- Participate in the BI activities which require Accounting Expert's involvement, promote a positive image of the BI through participation in various meetings and interaction with external stakeholders;
- Follow all EU Regional Trust Fund "Madad" rules and regulations required within the EU IRIS Programme.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field;
- At least 4 years of experience in an accounting firm or as an Accountant;
- Strong knowledge of local accounting and tax regulations and their implications on SMEs and start-ups;
- Proven experience in working with businesses and providing accounting services to organizations operating in different sectors;
- Experience in working with several organizations with the ability to prioritize and manage time and resources efficiently; high degree of attention to details;
- Experience in developing and conducting trainings and providing coaching;
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds;
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility with the ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- Experience in working in a high-performance, collaborative and constructive peer group;
- Analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities and understanding of innovation processes;
- Strength in coordinating, coaching and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility;
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced MS Excel user) and accounting softwares; knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian language; good working knowledge of English language.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Compensation is competitive, based on market rates, and qualifications of the candidate.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the deadline. Please, indicate the title of the position ("Accounting Expert for Business Incubator") in the subject line of the e-mail. Armenian Caritas and SME Cooperation Association are grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 02 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent Non-governmental Organization was founded in 1995 by the Armenian Catholic Church. "Serve different vulnerable groups with love and compassion, respecting the dignity of each individual" - this is the mission which leads Armenian Caritas. Armenian Caritas focuses its domestic efforts on social protection of children, social inclusion of people with disabilities, social inclusion and care of the elderly, disaster risk reduction and emergency response, community development, the Armenian Caritas institutional development, as well as migration and integration.
ABOUT: "Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO and "SME Cooperation Association" NGO in consortium with the Austrian Red Cross (AutRC), Armenian Red Cross Society, and the "Center for Coordination of Syrian Armenians' Issues" NGO are implementing the "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and host population" (IRIS) programme funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (Madad Fund). The EU IRIS programme aims at improving social and economic resilience of Syrian Armenians and host population and strengthening institutional capacities for economic growth in Armenia. The action is coordinated by the AutRC. In the framework of IRIS Economic Integration component a Business Incubator (BI) will be established in Yerevan that will support Syrian Armenian and local entrepreneurs through trainings, coaching, mentoring, incubation and financing for establishing new businesses. The BI will stimulate the culture of entrepreneurship and business environment in Armenia and will become a tool for sustainable development of future generations of start-ups.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: The selection of the BI Accounting Expert will be conducted according to the above mentioned conditions and giving preference to the candidates having working experience with the target groups of the Programme.
This announcement has been retrieved 657 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.