UNDP Armenia Office
TITLE: Public Health Expert on Vulnerability and Adaptation Issues
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individual consultants
DURATION: 01 September 2019 - 31 March 2020 ( 40 working days)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The objective of this assignment is to support the NAP Project management in facilitating the implementation of the Project activities related to health sector vulnerability assessment, development of adaptation recommendations and road-map for implementation of recommendations, as well as to develop a Terms of Reference (ToR) for outsourcing of professional services in accordance with the UNDP rules and standards.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the overall guidance of UNDP Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision and guidance of the Project Manager, the National Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Review NAP Project document and categorize the issues and activities related to the health sector that should be outsourced to the contractor-company. Present and agree with the Project management the key directions and envisaged deliverables for service provider company;
- Develop a ToR for outsourcing of respective professional services according to UNDP standards for Request for Quotations (RFQ). The ToR requirements should inter alia focus on climate change considering V&A assessments under National Communications, Armenian's NDC, EU CEPA as well as other international obligations and gender aspects;
- TOR requirements should particularly cover, but are not limited to:
a) On the scope of work: consideration of Project objective and expected outputs; stocktaking of health sector legal and institutional framework; review of the vulnerability assessments in health sector conducted since 2015 with focus to climate change related risks and impacts; review of adaptation measures in health sector implemented since 2015; identification of gaps and barriers related to climate change consideration in health sector management and development of recommendations to overcome the gaps/ barriers, including on legal/ regulatory and institutional issues as well as data for evidence based decision making;
b) On organization of work: methodology for assignment implementation; detailed work plan, expected deliverables and timing; team composition and required competencies; team management arrangements; estimated budget for task implementation; presentation of interim and final results to broader stakeholder society;
- Provide professional input into the review and evaluation of the applications of the service provider companies against the ToR requirements;
- Conduct oversight over the task implementation process by the contracted service provider company and professional review of the planned deliverables, including review of the interim and final report(s); prepare comments and recommendations on the submitted reports;
- Participate in the events related to the presentation of the interim and final outputs by the contracted company.
- The Terms of Reference for the service provider company developed and approved by the Project management;
- Applications of the service provider companies reviewed and evaluated;
- Interim report of the contracted company reviewed, comments and recommendations prepared, submitted and discussed;
- Final report of the contracted company reviewed, comments and recommendations prepared, submitted and discussed.
Deliverables 1 and 2 – 40% of total amount;
Deliverable 3 – 20% of total amount;
Deliverable 4 – 40% of total amount.
- Education: advanced university degree in Public Health, Healthcare, Health Financing, Health Economics Epidemiology or other relevant field;
- At least 7 years of working experience in public health facilities and projects or other relevant field;
- Experience and good knowledge of the context of climate change related issues in health sector in Armenia;
- Experience in international projects;
- Language skills: fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: For application procedures, please follow the link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=86835 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 August 2019
ABOUT: The National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Project builds on the national climate priorities summarized in the 2015 NDC, and will support the Government of Armenia to advance its medium and long-term adaptation planning. The Green Climate Fund resources will be used to enable the government to integrate climate change related risks, coping strategies and opportunities into ongoing development planning and budgeting processes. The Government of Armenia sees the NAP process as a key step to achieving the adaptation objectives of its 2015 Nationally Determined Contribution. With the development of a NAP process, Armenia will lay the groundwork for the systemic and iterative identification of medium- and long-term climate-induced risks, climate change adaptation priorities, and specific activities that promote climate adaptive and resilient growth in its key sectors. Concurrently, as part of the localization of the Sustainable Development Goals, the NAP process will contribute to the formulation of corresponding national climate-responsive indicators and targets. For more information on the Project, please visit: http://www.nature-ic.am/en/projects/National-Adaptation-Plan/1030.
This announcement has been retrieved 494 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.