|American Councils for International Education (ACTR/ ACCELS)|
TITLE: EducationUSA Adviser
TERM: Full-time (40 hours a week)
START DATE/ TIME: 23 September 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The EducationUSA Advisor's primary responsibility is to manage the EducationUSA Center in Yerevan, actively promote U.S. higher education by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about educational opportunities in the U.S. and information on how to best access those opportunities. This position carries out daily management of advising center to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services to the public seeks out and develops innovative tools to promote U.S. higher education and reaches out to non-traditional audiences. The position will liaise with U.S. institutions of higher education to facilitate recruitment and admission of Armenian students and increase student mobility. The Adviser is responsible for management and reporting of the EducationUSA Advising Center and reports to the American Councils Country Director. The Advisor will also receive work direction from the EducationUSA Program Manager based in Washington, DC, the Regional Education Advising Coordinator, and the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
- University degree in International Education, Educational Administration, Communications or other relevant field;
- Experience in educational advising;
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- Strong cross-cultural and written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in planning conferences, workshops, fairs, and other outreach events;
- Knowledge of U.S. higher education admissions, financial aid, international student services;
- Knowledge of Armenian secondary and higher education systems;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Strong computer, web and social media skills;
- Ability to forge and develop connections and work cooperatively with partners and stakeholders from various sectors, including higher education communities, government, and private companies;
- Alumna/us of a U.S. college/ university is preferred.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please follow the link to submit the application: https://tinyurl.com/ACCELS-EducationUSA-Adviser .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 August 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 August 2019
ABOUT COMPANY: American Councils for International Education, which provides international education, academic exchange, language acquisition and assessment, and research, prepares individuals and institutions to succeed in an increasingly interconnected and rapidly changing world. The American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ ACCELS office in Armenia was established in 1996.
This announcement has been retrieved 1056 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.